Exclaimer for Microsoft 365 can be removed either partially to stop the application of signatures through a particular deployment method or fully by uninstalling both Server-side and Client-side systems.
The uninstallation process consists of the following sections:
- Uninstall the Server-side signature processing of Exclaimer
- Remove Exclaimer Apps from Azure
- Uninstall the Cloud Signature Update Agent on Windows
- Uninstall the Cloud Signature Update Agent on macOS
Before you uninstall the Exclaimer for Microsoft 365 systems, please ensure you have:
- Credentials for a Global Administrator account within the Microsoft 365 tenancy.
During the uninstallation, you will need to make changes within your existing Microsoft 365 tenancy. The level of permission recommended for the account to complete these tasks is of a Global Administrator Admin role - this allows access to Exchange Online, the Azure Portal, and management over an Azure joined device. If the account is configured to require multi-factor authentication then this may also be required during the uninstallation process.