You want to add a hyperlink within your signature that will be unique for each user or group of users.
Let's say you wish to include a social media icon for LinkedIn that links to each user's personal linked in page.
The static part of the URL is https://www.linkedin.com/in/
The dynamic part of the URL is karen-green-a2ab18205
This will allow recipients of your organization's emails to interact with user-specific content that is hosted on the internet.
The resolution consists of two steps - please click on the required options listed below to go through the detailed description:
- For Microsoft 365, you can consider using a custom attribute.
For more information, see How to store a custom attribute for use with Exclaimer for Microsoft 365
For Google Workspace, you can consider adding a custom user attribute.
For more information, see How to add and store a custom attribute for use with Exclaimer for Google Workspace
The below example stores the dynamic part of the URL in Custom Attribute 1 for every user in Exchange Online:
- Edit the signature you wish to add the dynamic hyperlink to.
- Select the signature element you would like to add the hyperlink to.
- From the right-hand side, properties pane, expand the Hyperlink section.
- In Destination URL, enter the static part of the URL, then start typing the field name for the field you have used to store the dynamic part of the URL.
- Select the required file from the autocomplete list.
Automatically, the field will get populated.
- Click SAVE CHANGES to save the changes made.