You are using Exclaimer Cloud and have created your email signature. You wish to add a linked image in your email signature.
To add a linked image:
- Open the required signature template within the Signature Designer.
- From the left-hand pane, expand the Image & Icons section.
- Drag and drop the Image/Logo element at the desired location.
The Image/Logo window is displayed.
- To add a linked Image, select the Linked Image URL option and enter the Image URL, which needs to be linked to the signature.
For more information, see Image/Logo.
- Click OK to confirm the changes else, click Cancel.
NOTES: You can either add a logo/image by embedding it directly onto the signature or by hosting it externally and linking to it.
Here are the differences between Embedded images and Web Hosted images with their pros and cons:
Embedded Images are uploaded from an image file on your computer to your signature and are attached directly into the email.
- They are always on the initial email sent.
- They can be seen by all recipients.
- They can be removed by the mail client, device or internal system.
- They increase the file size of the email.
- The image quality degrades over multiple responses.
Linked Images need to be uploaded to the internet, such as on your company's website, and the URL for the image is added to the signature.
- They are less likely to get removed by the mail client, device or internal system.
- They do not lose quality over time.
- They do not affect the file size of the email.
- They require an internet connection to view the images.
- Some mail clients require you to "Click here to download pictures." before you can view them.
- They require a publicly facing web storage, such as your company's web directory or an alternative image hosting site such as OneDrive or Google Drive.