Server-side signatures mean that signatures are applied to all email messages via Exclaimer's Cloud service, irrespective of which browser/device/email client is used.
Please click on the required options listed below to go through the detailed description:
To access the server-side onboarding options:
- Log into your Exclaimer account and launch your subscription.
- From the menu pane, expand Configuration, then select Connect to Microsoft 365.
NOTE: If you have not yet configured any options, then the Connect to Microsoft 365 screen will appear automatically after you log in.
If you have not configured your subscription to use server-side signatures, the dashboard status will display Not connected.
Server-Side dashboard status: Not connected.
To configure server-side signatures:
- Select CONNECT.
You are prompted to sign in to Microsoft 365 as a Global Administrator (be sure that you are entering the credentials for the correct Microsoft 365 tenant).
- Once signed in, you are prompted to accept a permissions request for Exclaimer to read your Azure AD data. Select Accept.
Permissions request for Exclaimer to read Azure AD data.
The Authorization Successful message is displayed.
Once Exclaimer is authorized to read user data from the Azure AD/Microsoft 365 directory to an Exclaimer Signatures database to apply to the email signatures, the synchronization process starts.
- Select which members of your organization you wish to synchronize with Exclaimer:
- Select All Users (recommended) to synchronize the contact details of all members of your organization with Exclaimer.
- Select Group to synchronize a mail-enabled security group from the existing Azure AD groups.
Select which members of your organization you wish to synchronize with Exclaimer.
- Select CONTINUE.
Select for which members of your organization you wish to alter the mail flow:
- Select All users to configure the mail flow rule in Exchange Online with the condition "Sender is inside the organization".
- Select Group to configure the mail flow rule in Exchange Online with the condition "Sender is inside the organization" and "Sender is a member of the group".
In the text box, enter a mail-enabled security group. This is a predictive text field, so any matched groups will be shown as you start to type. Select the required group whose user contact details you want to sync with Exclaimer.NOTE:
- Only mail-enabled security groups are supported.
- This option is useful in scenarios where you do not want the contact details of all members within your organization to be synced with Exclaimer. For example, a large organization using Microsoft 365 has branches worldwide. But, only the UK branch employee contact details need to be synced with Exclaimer. This feature allows IT Admins to sync only specific mail-enabled Azure AD groups with Exclaimer.WARNING! If the Group option is selected then all user data for people outside this group will be removed from the database.
Select for which members of your organization you wish to alter the mail flow.
- Select the copy icon to copy the code from the screen, then select AUTHORIZE.
Copy the code then select Authorize.
- Log in as a Global Administrator.
Log in as a Global Administrator.
- Once signed in, you are prompted to accept a permissions request for Exclaimer to connect to Microsoft 365. Select Accept.
Permissions request for Exclaimer to connect to Microsoft 365.
The Enter Code window is displayed.
- Paste the code you copied earlier, then select Next.
Paste the code here.
Select the required Microsoft account to connect to.
Select Microsoft account.
Confirm you are trying to sign in to Microsoft Exchange Online Remote PowerShell. Select Continue to proceed.
Confirm sign in to Microsoft Exchange Online Remote PowerShell.
- The configuration process to create connectors and transport routes to route emails from Microsoft 365 to Exclaimer will start.
The configuration process can take some time to complete.
Mail routing in progress.
After a successful onboarding, the dashboard status of the server-side configuration changes to Connected.
Server-Side dashboard status: Connected.
- Select Re-connect to make changes to the onboarding settings.