This is also referred to as server-side signatures. In this mode, signatures are applied to all email messages via Exclaimer's Cloud service, irrespective of which browser/device/email client is used.
Please click on the required options listed below to go through the detailed description:
To access the Apply to email from all devices including mobile (server-side) option during the initial Exclaimer setup:
- From the left-hand pane, click Configuration, then select Connect to Microsoft 365.
NOTE: The options within Connect to Microsoft 365 are only available during the initial setup. Once you have successfully configured your Exclaimer - Signatures for Microsoft 365 subscription, this section will not be available.
If required, you can edit the configuration settings via Manager User Data, Manage Mail Flow, Outlook Signatures and Exchange On-Premises.
- From the right-hand pane, Apply Signatures is enabled once the authorization and syncing process have been completed.
By default, Apply to email from all devices including mobiles is displayed.
To re-run the connector setup:
- From the left-hand pane, click Configuration, then select Manage Mail Flow.
- From the right-hand pane, under Connect to Microsoft 365, are all the relevant options.
For server-side signatures, it is important to update the Sender Policy Framework (SPF) record for each domain from which you send emails.
If you don't do this, there is a risk that any messages that are routed from Exclaimer back to your email service can be marked as spam by recipients. For more information, see how you can update the Sender Policy Framework (SPF)?
To configure for server-side signatures:
- Click START SETUP.
NOTE: If you don't want to configure server-side signatures, click Skip setup.
Select Send all email to Exclaimer to send all your company emails to Exclaimer to process.
However, you can specify the name of a group, in which case only emails sent from users in the specified group will be sent to Exclaimer for processing.
- In Test Group Name, enter the name of the (mail-enabled) group whose user emails need to be processed by Exclaimer.
- The Autocomplete feature will complete the group name for you (from the list of all groups selected during the AD sync); if required, you can edit it.
- If you specify a group name that does not already exist in your Microsoft 365 tenancy, the group will be automatically created for you as a mail-enabled security group. However, you will need to add members to this group on Microsoft 365 once the setup of Exclaimer is complete.
Please select only mail-enabled security groups if you want to select an existing group.
- Click CONTINUE to begin the setup process.
- Click AUTHORIZE to accept a permissions request required for Exclaimer to connect to Microsoft 365.
You are prompted to log in as a Global Administrator. Once authenticated, click Accept:
- Now, click CONFIGURE to start the configuration process. The Enter Code window is displayed.
Copy the code from the screen () and paste it in the Enter Code window.
You will be prompted to select the required Microsoft account, similar to this:
A Microsoft window will be displayed, prompting you to confirm if you are trying to sign in to Microsoft Exchange Online Remote PowerShell. Click Continue to proceed.
- The configuration process to create connectors and transport routes to route emails from Microsoft 365 to Exclaimer will now start. The configuration process can take some time to complete - this is indicated by a spinner.
CAUTION! In some scenarios, during the connector setup, your organization may need to be hydrated to allow the connector setup to run. This process is automatically triggered and it can take up to 1 hour to complete in Microsoft 365:
For detailed information on this, please see Configuration Failed: [Your organization was not hydrated. Hydration in progress. Please try again later]Configuration Failed: [Your organization was not hydrated. Hydration in progress. Please try again later] and the Microsoft TechNet article.
Once the configuration to route the emails to Exclaimer has been successfully completed, the Configuration Successful message is displayed:
To configure Client-side signatures or Exchange on-premises, expand the required option and click START SETUP. Click Skip setup to skip the configuration and proceed to configure server-side signatures only.
If no other configuration is required, click COMPLETE SETUP to complete this configuration process.
- To complete the setup, it is mandatory to select at least one method on how you want to apply your email signatures.
- The setup process can take some time to complete; this is indicated by a spinner. Once it is successfully completed, a Syncing Complete message is displayed, highlighting that the user data syncing is complete.
- If required, configure for Client-side signatures or Exchange on-premises.
- Create your first signature. Click GO TO SIGNATURES.
- If you have already created your signature, then enable your signature for use.
If you have a question, then please take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions page.