This is also referred to as client-side signatures. In this mode, signatures are synchronized to the users' computers for use in Microsoft Outlook. When messages are sent from Outlook, they are sent directly via Microsoft 365 (they are not routed to Exclaimer Cloud for processing).
Signatures are synchronized with Outlook (Windows and macOS) and Apple Mail using Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent, which must be deployed to the users' computers. This Agent runs in the background and synchronizes the signatures at regular intervals. When the signatures are synchronized to Outlook and Apple Mail, the first applicable client-side signature is synchronized as the default signature for that user.
How to access it?
To access the See before you send (Client-side) option:
During the initial Exclaimer Cloud setup
- From the left-hand pane, click Configuration, then select Connect to Microsoft 365.
NOTE: The options within Connect to Microsoft 365 are only available during the initial setup. Once you have successfully configured your Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Microsoft 365 subscription, this section will not be available.
If required, you can edit the configuration settings via Manager User Data, Manage Mail Flow, Outlook Signatures and Exchange On-Premises.
- From the right-hand pane, Apply Signatures is enabled only if the authorization and syncing process has been completed.
- Click See before you send (Client-side) to access the options.
Also, once you have successfully configured server-side signatures, you will be prompted to configure client-side signatures.
After the initial Exclaimer Cloud setup
- From the left-hand pane, click Signatures.
- Click Manage on any of your signature templates.
- On the row of tabs at the top, click on Enable.
- In the See before you send in Outlook section, click on Configure.
Configuring for client-side signatures
To configure for client-side signatures:
- Click START SETUP to set up client-side signatures so that your signatures can be automatically downloaded to Outlook and Apple Mail and are visible when you draft your email.
If you don't want to configure client-side signatures, click Skip setup.
NOTE: If you change your mind, and in future, you wish to configure client-side signatures, then you can do so within Manage signature rules, Enable tab (see the section Enabling Signatures for client-side).
- Click AUTHORIZE to allow you (users) to sign in to client-side signatures and download signatures to Outlook, so they are visible when you draft your email.
You are prompted to log in as a Global Administrator, and you need to provide the required credentials.
Once authenticated, you are prompted to accept a permissions request. Click Accept:
Once users have been successfully authorized to sign into client-side signatures, the Authorization Successful message is displayed:
As required, select the appropriate Download settings to control the behaviour of the Exclaimer client-side signatures.
- Select Prevent users from changing signature options (Outlook for Windows only) to block users from modifying the signatures.
- Select Remove all existing signatures in Outlook and Apple Mail to archive any existing local signatures (that is, Microsoft Outlook signatures that have not been synchronized from Exclaimer Cloud). This will ensure that users can ONLY use signatures that are synchronized from Exclaimer Cloud.
- Click CONTINUE to proceed.
- Click DOWNLOAD to download the latest version of the Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent.
The Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent webpage is displayed with two download options: Windows and macOS.
- As required, you can either download the Windows agent or the macOS agent. Once the installation is complete, you will be asked to provide your Microsoft 365 email address and password. The Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent will use these credentials to authenticate and download the appropriate signatures. After that, the Agent will run silently in the background. But, if you change your password later, you will be asked to re-enter your details.
You can also deploy the Cloud Signature Update Agent via Group Policy Object (GPO).
- Click CONTINUE to proceed.
- If you want to configure Apply to email from all devices including mobiles or Exchange on-premises, expand the required option and click START SETUP; or else click Skip setup to proceed to configure only client-side signatures.
If no other configuration is required, click COMPLETE SETUP to complete this configuration process.
- To complete the setup, it is mandatory to select at least one method on how you want to apply your email signatures.
- The setup process can take some time to complete - this is indicated by a spinner. Once it is successfully completed, a Syncing Complete message is displayed, highlighting that the user data syncing is complete.
Have you got a question? Please take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions page.