This is also referred to as client-side signatures. In this mode, signatures are synchronized to the users' computers for use in Microsoft Outlook. When messages are sent from Outlook, they are sent directly via Microsoft 365 (they are not routed to Exclaimer for processing).
Signatures are synchronized with Outlook (Windows and macOS) and Apple Mail using Exclaimer Signature Update Agent, which must be deployed to the users' computers. This Agent runs in the background and synchronizes the signatures at regular intervals. When the signatures are synchronized to Outlook and Apple Mail, the first applicable client-side signature is synchronized as the default signature for that user.
Please click on the required options listed below to go through the detailed description:
To access the See before you send (Client-side) option:To access the See before you send (Client-side) option during the initial setup:
- From the left-hand pane, click Configuration, then select Connect to Microsoft 365.
NOTE: The options within Connect to Microsoft 365 are only available during the initial setup. Once you have successfully configured your Exclaimer - Signatures for Microsoft 365 subscription, this section will not be available.
If required, you can edit the configuration settings via Manager User Data, Manage Mail Flow, Outlook Signatures and Exchange On-Premises.
- From the right-hand pane, Apply Signatures is enabled only if the authorization and syncing process has been completed.
- Click See before you send (Client-side) to access the options.
Also, once you have successfully configured server-side signatures, you will be prompted to configure client-side signatures.
If you didn't configure client-side signatures during the initial configuration, you can configure it later.To access the See before you send (Client-side) option after the initial setup:
- From the left-hand pane, click Signatures.
- Click Manage on any of your signature templates.
- On the row of tabs at the top, click on Enable.
- In the See before you send in Outlook section, click on Configure.
To configure for client-side signatures:
- Click START SETUP to set up client-side signatures so that your signatures can be automatically downloaded to Outlook and Apple Mail and are visible when you draft your email.
If you don't want to configure client-side signatures, click Skip setup.
You can configure client-side signatures later by going to Manage signature rules, Enable tab (see the Enabling Signatures for client-side section).
- Click AUTHORIZE to allow you (users) to sign in to client-side signatures and download signatures to Outlook, so they are visible when you draft your email.
You are prompted to log in as a Global Administrator, and you need to provide the required credentials.
Once authenticated, you are prompted to accept a permissions request. Click Accept:
Once users have been successfully authorized to sign into client-side signatures, the Authorization Successful message is displayed:
As required, select the appropriate Download settings to control the behaviour of the Exclaimer client-side signatures.
- Select Prevent users from changing signature options (Outlook for Windows only) to block users from modifying the signatures.
- Select Remove all existing signatures in Outlook and Apple Mail to archive any existing local signatures (that is, Microsoft Outlook signatures that have not been synchronized from Exclaimer). This will ensure that users can ONLY use signatures that are synchronized from Exclaimer.
- Click CONTINUE to proceed.
- Click DOWNLOAD to view the different deployment options available for client-side signatures. The Exclaimer Signatures page is displayed. Download the option best suited to your environment:
- Outlook Add-in (Recommended): This is centrally deployed to Microsoft Outlook and allows any user to add email signatures created within Exclaimer, to the body of their emails, while composing the email. See how to Install Exclaimer Outlook Add-in (Public channel).
- Desktop Agent (Windows): This synchronizes signatures directly with the user's Outlook on Windows only. See how to install the Exclaimer Signature Update Agent (Windows).
- Desktop Agent (macOS): This synchronizes signatures directly with the user's Outlook on Mac or Apple Mail only. See how to install the Exclaimer Signature Update Agent (macOS).
For more information, please see the differences between Exclaimer Outlook Add-in and Exclaimer Signature Update Agent?
- Click CONTINUE to proceed.
- If you want to configure Apply to email from all devices including mobiles or Exchange on-premises, expand the required option and click START SETUP; or else click Skip setup to proceed to configure only client-side signatures.
If no other configuration is required, click COMPLETE SETUP to complete this configuration process.
- To complete the setup, it is mandatory to select at least one method on how you want to apply your email signatures.
- The setup process can take some time to complete - this is indicated by a spinner. Once it is successfully completed, a Syncing Complete message is displayed, highlighting that the user data syncing is complete.
- If required, configure for Server-side signatures or Exchange On-Premises.
- Create your first signature. Click GO TO SIGNATURES.
- If you have already created your signature, then enable your signature for use.
If you have a question, then please take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions page.