You are using Signature Manager Exchange Edition and would like to migrate your configuration to a client-side-only deployment in Exclaimer.
To migrate from the Signature Manager Exchange Edition to a client-side-only Exclaimer deployment, follow the steps listed below.
Select each option below to view the related instructions:
- Use the Microsoft Exchange Admin Center (on-premises) to create the mail-enabled security group.
- Use the Microsoft Exchange Online Admin Center (Microsoft 365) to create the mail-enabled security group. Enable Group Writeback to synchronize the group back to your on-premises Active Directory.
To configure client-side signatures:
Sign up for an Exclaimer account.
- Complete the configuration process for Authorize and Synchronize for Microsoft 365 subscription.
- Skip the setup for Apply to email from all devices including mobile (Server-side).
- Complete the configuration process for See before you send for Microsoft 365 subscription (client-side).
Install the Exclaimer Outlook Add-in.
During installation, specify the users group in the Add users window.
NOTE: The Add-in can take up to 12 hours to deploy.
- For users with on-premises mailboxes, install the Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent
We recommend: Use a GPO or Endpoint Manager to deploy the Agent to your users with on-premises mailboxes.
To manage your signature rules in Exclaimer:
- Create your signatures in Exclaimer. You can either:
- Manually re-create your Signature Manager Exchange Edition signatures in the Exclaimer Signature Designer. See how to create signatures for more information.
- Contact the Exclaimer Sales Team for our Template Design Service, requesting a quote for your Signature Manager Exchange Edition signatures to be converted for use in Exclaimer.
- Add users to the senders list as required in Exclaimer.
- Open the Signature Manager Exchange Edition.
- For each Signature Policy:
- Select the policy.
- Navigate to the Exceptions tab.
- Select The Sender is someone checkbox.
- In the edit pane, select someone to edit the exception.
- Select The Sender is a member of an Active Directory group
- In the edit pane, specify the Exclaimer users group.
- Select Save to save the changes.
- In the Active Directory Users and Computers, open the group properties and select the Members tab.
- Select Add... to add the users to the group. Select Ok to save your changes.
- Ensure your changes are synchronized in both your on-premises and Microsoft 365 environments.
- If you have used the users group in any signature policies, start a manual data synchronization in Exclaimer to synchronize the group membership changes to Exclaimer.
The Outlook Add-in will be available to all users in Outlook; however, you can still manage which signatures will apply to which users within Exclaimer.
- Log into the Microsoft 365 admin center and navigate to Integrated apps.
- Select the app Exclaimer for Outlook.
- Navigate to the Users tab.
- Under Assign users, select Entire organization.
- Select Update.