The Exclaimer Outlook Add-in feature lets you choose the most appropriate email signature whilst you compose your email in Outlook, from the list of all your signature templates. The signature templates can be used for different messages, for example, to represent different marketing brands.
This article guides you through the process of how you can install the Exclaimer Outlook Add-in for a single user or deploy it to your Microsoft 365 tenant.
Before you install the Exclaimer Outlook Add-in, please ensure you have:
- Outlook Version 2104, Build 13929.20296 or above
- Click to Run (C2R) versions only
- Retail versions only (volume-licensed versions do not currently include the necessary API requirement sets)
NOTE: Specific features may require later versions of Outlook. Refer to the release notes here.
- Microsoft Outlook Web Access
- Microsoft Windows 10, Windows Server 2016 or above
- Office for Mac [version 16.64 (22081401) or above]
NOTE: Only the New Outlook interface is supported. Go to Outlook > New Outlook to enable it.
Please note that your Microsoft 365 plan must allow access to deploy Microsoft 365 Apps through Microsoft AppSource. Certain plans, such as Office 365 E2 do not support this.
- We do not recommend that end-users install the add-in directly from the add-in store for themselves, as the add-in's full functionality is not supported by this deployment method.
- Please do not use the add-in alongside the Exclaimer Signature Update Agent for Windows as it can cause inconsistent behavior.
Deploying Exclaimer Outlook Add-in to your Microsoft 365 tenant
Microsoft 365 Global Administrator credentials
As a Global Administrator, you can easily deploy signatures to every employee (end-user) within your organization, irrespective of where the employees are based. The end-user doesn't have to be connected to the network and as there is no separate application to manage, this reduces IT overhead.
Follow these steps to deploy the Exclaimer Outlook Add-in to your Microsoft 365 tenant:
- Log on to the Microsoft 365 Portal as a Global Administrator.
- Open the admin center.
- Under Settings, select Integrated apps:
- Click Get apps to open the App Store:
The Microsoft 365 App store window is displayed.
- In the search box, type Exclaimer for Outlook.
- Once the app loads, click Get it now:
- The Confirm to continue window is displayed:
- Click Get it now.
Now, the deployment process of the Exclaimer for Outlook app starts:
- As required, select which assigned users should have access to the Exclaimer Outlook Add-in:
- Just me: Select to assign only yourself, in your organization, access to the Exclaimer Outlook Add-in.
- Entire organization: Select to assign everyone in your organization access to the Exclaimer Outlook Add-in.
- Specific users/groups: Select to assign specific users or groups within your organization access to the Exclaimer Outlook Add-in. Enter a specific user or group name; this is a predictive text field, so it will display any matching users or groups as you start to type.
NOTE: You cannot use nested groups.Here, we have selected the Entire organization option:
- Click Next to proceed.
Now, you need to accept the permissions for the new app.
- Click Accept permissions:
You are prompted to sign in to Microsoft 365 as a Global Administrator (be sure that you are entering the credentials for the correct Microsoft 365 tenant):
Once signed in, you are prompted to accept a permissions request for Exclaimer - Signatures for Outlook. This will allow the Add-in to verify that the user is authorized to download the signatures.
- Click Accept:
Once you accept the permissions, click Next to proceed.:
Now, review your selected settings for the deployment.
Once you have reviewed and are happy with the options selected, click Finish deployment to complete the deployment process.
The Deployment in process... is displayed:
Once the deployment is complete, you will see a screen similar to this:
- Click Done to proceed.
- The Integrated apps screen is displayed, listing the Exclaimer for Outlook app:
NOTE: It may take some time for the Exclaimer for Outlook app to appear within the Integrated Apps list - please click Refresh to refresh the list.
- Click the Exclaimer for Outlook app - a description pane is displayed on the right-hand side, listing all the options selected:
- Click Edit users if you wish to edit the assigned users.
- Click Remove app to remove the Exclaimer for Outlook Add-in app.
Once the Exclaimer Outlook Add-in has been successfully deployed, users can start to execute client-side email signatures. Users can find the Exclaimer icon at the bottom toolbar or as an option within the ellipsis () in their Outlook Web App.
For more information, see how you can use the Exclaimer Outlook Add-in.