You have enabled the Sent Items Update feature in Exclaimer Cloud, so signatures are visible when a sender views email messages in their Sent Items folder.
When the Cached Exchange Mode option is enabled in Microsoft Outlook, you notice that no signature is visible on the Sent emails. However, if the same emails are viewed using Outlook Web Access (OWA), or if Cached Exchange Mode is disabled, then the signature is visible on the Sent emails.
There are three key points to note:
- Microsoft Outlook displays sent items from an Outlook Data file (.ost) on each user's local computer.
- .ost files are synchronized with Microsoft 365 mailboxes.
- The Sent Items Update feature updates sent items from Microsoft 365 mailboxes.
When the Cached Exchange Mode option is enabled in Microsoft Outlook, there can be times when the sent emails displayed in Microsoft Outlook are not the most recent. This is where the Microsoft 365 mailbox is not synchronized with the .ost file (or vice versa).
There are a number of reasons why this can occur, such as large mailboxes or .ost files, or if particular add-ins are installed in Microsoft Outlook.
To resolve this issue:
- Please confirm if the Sent Items Update has updated the sent email, or if Microsoft Outlook is displaying old data, by logging into the user’s mailbox using Outlook Web Access.
- If you have confirmed that the cause lies with synchronization (that is, that old data is being displayed in Microsoft Outlook), we advise reducing the size of the user's Sent Items folder and/or disabling Microsoft Outlook add-ins.
- If this does not resolve the issue, we will need to investigate further. Please contact the Exclaimer Support team to identify why Microsoft Outlook has not synchronized with Microsoft 365.