You want to apply a signature only once in an email chain; that is, when you first send, reply to or forward a message. In other words, once a signature has been applied, it must not be added again for any subsequent replies or forwards in the conversation.
Follow these steps to set up the option to apply the signature only once in an email chain:
- Log into your Exclaimer Cloud subscription.
- From the left-hand pane, select Signatures. From the All Signatures tab, select the signature you want to enable, then click MANAGE.
The selected signature window is displayed.
- Select the Advanced Rules tab to set conditions for server-side deployment only.
Select Do not add signature if message contains to enable the textbox.
This option might be useful in scenarios where you want to add an abbreviated version of your signature to your email' replies' (as your initial email conversation had your full signature complete with all the brand imagery, contact details, social media links and legal disclaimer - if you keep adding your full signature to the subsequent replies then your emails will look cumbersome).
- In This Text, enter a word or phrase that triggers an exception and causes this signature NOT to be applied. For example, you can enter your company's registration or VAT number. If the exception word/phrase is found during processing, then Exclaimer Cloud will not append the signature to the email.
- From In, select whether the specified exception text should match Anywhere in email trial or Only in the most recent email.
- From If this signature is not applied, select Do not process the next signature to stop the next signature from being processed if the exception text is met.
This process ensures that a signature is only applied once in a conversation; after that, no signature is applied. However, an alternative approach is to have a 'full' signature' that is only ever applied once in a conversation and a shorter version applied to any subsequent replies/forwards in the conversation.