The Message Capture feature is useful to identify the shape and content of a message, before and after it has been processed, by Exclaimer.
This feature copies messages that match the Message Capture conditions and email the diagnostic data to the specified diagnostic recipient.
How to access it?
- Message Capture requires Exclaimer Admin permissions.
- A Microsoft 365 Global Administrator account is also required for Microsoft 365 subscriptions.
To access the Message Capture option:
- From the left-hand pane, click Troubleshooting, then select Message Capture.
- As the options are not available in the new UI yet, you will be re-directed to the old UI with the Settings window displayed.
- A message box is displayed, prompting you to sign into Microsoft 365 as a Global Administrator.
- Click OK to proceed.
You will be directed to a page within the Microsoft environment where you need to enter your Global Administrator credentials and grant Exclaimer - Signatures for Microsoft 365 permission to make changes.
Once this is done, you will be returned to the Message Capture and Diagnostics window (in Exclaimer - Signatures for Microsoft 365).
NOTE: Ignore this step for a Google Workspace subscription.
Select the Diagnostics tab.
- Under Message Capture, are the relevant options.
Enabling Message Capture
To enable the message capture:
- Click Edit.
The Message Capture and Diagnostics window is displayed.
- Tick the Enable message capture option.
- In Messages to capture, enter how many messages should be captured before the feature will be automatically disabled.
- In Sender, enter the email address of the sender whose messages you want to capture.
- As required, select whether you want to Capture messages to all recipients, or Capture messages to a specific recipient:
NOTE: If a recipient is specified, the recipient will receive an email with the captured messages attached.
- Tick Capture replies from this recipient to the specified sender to capture reply emails from the recipient.
- In Deliver diagnostic data to, enter an email address within the Microsoft 365 or Google Workspace tenant.
- Click Save to save the changes made.
Once you receive the diagnostics (this should be three separate emails), send these over to Exclaimer Support by replying to your support ticket via email with the diagnostics attached.
Our support team can then investigate further.
NOTE: Message capture does not interrupt mail flow, and captured messages will still be delivered to the intended recipients.