As a Microsoft 365 Global Administrator or Google Super Admin for your organization, you can manage the accessibility of user-editable contact details. This means define which fields should be available for the end-users to edit.
The user-editable contact details need to be configured after the Exclaimer Cloud initial setup. You can change the settings any time to suit the needs of your organization.
Some examples where you may need to manage user-editable contact fields are: if you need to have the user's working hours, personal pronouns or a favorite quote to be displayed on their signature.
The number of editable fields your Exclaimer Cloud subscription allows access to depends on which pricing plan you have.
The Starter plan does not have access to the user-editable contact details.
The Standard plan has access to two editable contact fields.
The Pro plan and any Marketing Cloud subscriptions purchased before April 2023 are not limited to a number of editable fields.
For more information on pricing plans, see Exclaimer Pricing Plans.
Please take a look at how users can manage their contact details.
Please click on the required options listed below to go through the detailed description:
To access the User Details Editor for Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace:
As per your chosen platform, sign in with Microsoft or Google using your administrative credentials.
You can either:
Log into the Exclaimer portal (portal.exclaimer.com) and Launch your subscription.
- From the left-hand pane, click Configuration, then select Manage User Data.
- In the right-hand pane, under User Details Editor, click GO TO USER DETAILS EDITOR.
For detailed description on the steps, please see User Details Editor.
- Launch the User Details Editor (UDE) portal via your region URL link.
NOTE: The region URL link implies the region where your subscription is hosted.
The different Microsoft 365 URLs are:
United Kingdom https://uk.details.exclaimer.net
United States https://us.details.exclaimer.net
The different Google Workspace URLs are:
United States https://us.details.exclaimer.net/google
- As per your chosen email platform, sign in with Microsoft or Google using your Global Administrator credentials.
A window is displayed prompting you to grant access to Exclaimer to view your basic profile and maintain access to your data is displayed.
This is an example Microsoft window:
- Select the option Consent on behalf of your organization.
- Click Accept.
The Manage your contact details screen is displayed.
NOTE: The options within the Manage your contact details screen will vary depending on the pricing plan you have selected for your Exclaimer Cloud subscription.
- Two user-editable fields are available for a Microsoft 365 Global Administrator or Google Super Admin to enable for the end-users. The fields are called: User Defined 1 and User Defined 2.
- Once enabled, end-users will be able to edit the User Defined 1 and User Defined 2 fields. All other fields will be read-only and the data will be either be synchronized from your Google Directory/Active Directory or imported via CSV.
- All fields are available for a Microsoft 365 Global Administrator or Google Super Admin to enable for the end-users to edit.
- Once enabled, end-users will be able to edit the fields. The data will be either be synchronized from your Google Directory/Active Directory or imported via CSV.
- Edit the details available for personalized vCard for QR codes by selecting or deselecting fields under Define vCard QR code details.