The Exclaimer Cloud Outlook Add-in feature enables you to select the most appropriate email signature whilst you compose your email in Outlook from the list of all your signature templates. The signature templates can be used for different messages, for example, to represent different marketing brands.
This article guides you through the process of how you can install the Exclaimer Cloud Outlook Add-in for a single user or deploy it to your Microsoft 365 tenant.
Before you install the Exclaimer Cloud Outlook Add-in (Outlook), please ensure you have:
- Outlook for Microsoft 365 Outlook Click to Run (C2R) version 2108 (build 14326.20258) or above
- Microsoft Outlook Web Access
- Microsoft Windows 10, Windows Server 2016 or above
- Office for Mac [version 16.64 (22081401) or above]
- Click File from the ribbon bar.
- From the left-hand side, click Office Account, then click About Outlook:
The Microsoft Outlook version running is displayed on top:
Deploying Exclaimer Cloud Outlook Add-in to your Microsoft 365 tenant
Microsoft 365 Global Administrator credentials
As a Global Administrator, you can easily deploy signatures to every employee (end-user) within your organization, irrespective of where the employees are based. The end-user doesn't have to be connected to the network and as there is no separate application to manage, this reduces IT overhead.
Follow these steps to deploy the Exclaimer Outlook Add-in to your Microsoft 365 tenant:
- Log on to the Microsoft 365 Portal as a Global Administrator.
- Open the admin center.
- Under Settings, select Integrated apps:
- Click Get apps to open the App Store:
The Microsoft 365 App store window is displayed.
- In the search box, type Exclaimer Cloud for Outlook.
- Once the app loads, click Get it now:
Now, the deployment process of the Exclaimer Cloud for Outlook app starts:
- As required, select which assigned users you wish should have access to Exclaimer Cloud:
- Just me: Select to assign only yourself, in your organization, access to Exclaimer Cloud.
- Entire organization: Select to assign everyone in your organization access to Exclaimer Cloud.
- Specific users/groups: Select to assign specific users or groups within your organization access to Exclaimer Cloud. Enter a specific user or group name; this is a predictive text field, so any matching users or groups will be displayed as you start to type.
NOTE: You cannot use nested groups.In this case, we have selected the Entire organization option:
- Click Next to proceed.
Now, you need to accept the permissions for the new app.
- Click Accept permissions:
- You are prompted to sign in to Microsoft 365 as a Global Administrator (be sure that you are entering the credentials for the correct Microsoft 365 tenant):
Once signed in, you are prompted to accept a permissions request for Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Outlook.
- Click Accept:
- Once the permissions are accepted, click Next to proceed:
Now, review your selected settings for the deployment.
- Once you have reviewed and are happy with the options selected, click Finish deployment to complete the deployment process.
The Deployment in process... is displayed:
Once the deployment is complete, you will see a screen similar to this:
- Click Done to proceed.
- The Integrated apps screen is displayed listing the Exclaimer Cloud for Outlook app:
NOTE: It may take some time for the Exclaimer Cloud for Outlook app to appear within the Integrated Apps list - please click Refresh to refresh the list.
- Click the Exclaimer Cloud for Outlook app - a description pane is displayed on the right-hand side listing all the options selected:
- Click Edit users if you wish to edit the assigned users.
- Click Remove app to remove the Exclaimer Cloud for Outlook app.
Once the Exclaimer Cloud Outlook Add-in has been successfully deployed, users can start to execute client-side email signatures. Users can find the Exclaimer icon at the bottom toolbar or as an option within the ellipsis () in their Outlook Web App.
For more information, see how you can use the Exclaimer Cloud Outlook Add-in.