This feature enables customers to place content at the top of an email, above the body section, to showcase their brand and engage their audience with priority content.
It adds an additional option to feature signature content not only at the bottom of an email but also right at the top. Its uses are broad and varied for both external and internal emails. Some examples where the signature Headline Content can be used are:
- Promoting subtle branding elements: for example, logo, brand marks etc
- Promoting an event or piece of content
- Encouraging customer feedback via a survey
- Making security announcements: for example, request for password change or promote training
- Marking messages as confidential based on the trigger word
- Promoting HR Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) or other relevant content
- Advertising company meetings and events: for example, holiday parties, kick-offs etc
How to access it?
To access the Headline Content feature:
- Select an existing signature to which you wish to add the signature headline and open it in the Signature Designer.
- Create a new signature, and open it in the Signature Designer.
The Signature Designer screen is displayed with the CREATE HEADLINE CONTENT button.
If you are applying client-side signatures in Outlook (for example, using the Exclaimer Cloud Outlook Add-in) the headline content will not show in Outlook; however, the headline content will be added after the email has been sent using the server-side configuration.
Please click on the required options listed below to go through the detailed description:
- Click CREATE HEADLINE CONTENT.
The signature canvas gets split into three sections:
- HEADLINE: This is where you insert a signature header.
- EMAIL CONTENT: This is where you type the actual message to send to the recipient.
- FOOTER: This is where your email signature is displayed.
- To add a signature element, simply drag and drop the element onto the HEADLINE section of the canvas.
For more information, please see the limitations within the signature template.
- To remove a signature element, simply drag it off the canvas and drop it anywhere in the (whitish-grey) background.
The Signature Designer anticipates where you might drop it and makes space accordingly.
- To define the properties of the elements you add to your signature headline, select the required element.
The properties pane is displayed on the right-hand side of the screen. Update the properties as required.
- See a preview of how your signature design will look in real-time in the preview pane.
Example: Signature Headline with a banner:
- Select the outer border of the HEADLINE.
- From the right-hand side, properties pane, click DELETE HEADLINE CONTENT.