You are using Exclaimer Cloud, and you need to obtain a message trace (typically for a support query, or for troubleshooting mail flow issues within Microsoft 365).
A Message Trace can be used to trace emails through Exchange Online, based on defined criteria (for example an email address, date range, delivery status, or message ID).
To generate a Microsoft 365 extended message trace, follow the steps below:
- Browse to https://admin.exchange.microsoft.com/#/messagetrace
- Sign in to Microsoft 365 with your Admin account.
- Click Start a trace. The New message trace window is displayed.
- In By these people, enter the sender's email address. You can also enter the Message ID (in More search options).
NOTE: If you have a Message ID (which can be found in the message header) then this is the best option - only one message will be found when using the Message ID.
Alternatively, you can add the sender or recipient and select the message direction inbound/outbound.
- Set an appropriate date range for the message you need to trace.
- In Choose report type, select Extended report.
- Click Next.
- In Report title, enter the title for the report. Then, in the space provided, enter the email address where the notification message will be sent when the trace is complete.
WARNING! Extended traces can sometimes take several hours to complete. You can check progress at any time from the Downloadable reports section on the Message Trace home page.