You are using Exclaimer, and you need to obtain a message trace (typically for a support query, or for troubleshooting mail flow issues within Microsoft 365).
A Message Trace can be used to trace emails through Exchange Online, based on defined criteria (for example, an email address, date range, delivery status, or message ID).
To generate a Microsoft 365 extended message trace, follow the steps below:
- Browse to https://admin.exchange.microsoft.com/#/messagetrace
- Sign in to Microsoft 365 with your Admin account.
- Click Start a trace.
The New message trace pane is displayed.
- In Senders, enter the senders email address to search for all emails from the specified sender. This is optional.
- In Recipients, enter the recipient's email address to search for all emails from the specified recipient. This is optional.
- In Time range, slide or select the time range to search for all emails within that time.
- In the Detailed search options section, as required, go through the options.
Example: Enter the Message ID
If you enter the Message ID (you can find this in the message header), it will be easier to locate a single message.
Alternatively, you can add the sender or recipient and select the message direction inbound/outbound.
- In Report type, select Extended report.
- Click Next.
- In Report title, enter the title for the report. Then, in the space provided, enter the email address where the notification message is to be sent when the trace is complete.