This option allows the Outlook Add-in to automatically change the client-side signature based on the email recipient when composing an email in Outlook.
- If this feature is disabled, you have to manually change the (Internal and External) signatures based on the recipient.
- If this feature is enabled, the Outlook Add-in will detect the recipient's email address and automatically change the signatures. This will also enhance the data returned for the Feedback survey to ensure the email address of the person leaving the feedback is always present instead of showing as anonymous.
When different signatures for internal and external recipients are configured, the Outlook Add-in will follow the rules below:
- If you compose an email and specify only internal recipients, then only the signatures configured for internal recipients will be available in the Add-in signatures list.
- If you compose an email and specify only external recipients, then only the signatures configured for external recipients will be available in the Add-in signatures list.
- If you compose an email and specify both internal and external recipients, then the signatures configured for external recipients only will be available in the Add-in signatures list.
How to access it?
To access the Apply Recipient Settings Client-side option:
- You need to be logged in as an Exclaimer Cloud Administrator to view the configuration options. If you are logged in as an Editor, you will see a banner, at the top, with a message that some of the configuration options are not available and can only be modified by an Exclaimer Cloud Administrator. For more information on permissions, please see the Difference between Editors and Admin?
- From the left-hand pane, click Configuration, then select Manage Mail Flow.
- From the right-hand pane, under Apply Recipient Settings Client-Side are all the relevant options.
Applying Recipient Settings Client-Side
To apply recipient settings to client-side signatures
- Select Use recipient features Client-side.
- Click SAVE.