You are using Exclaimer, and you wish to define different versions of a signature, depending on whether the recipient is internal or external.
For example, for external recipients, you want a signature with a sales image and full contact details, but for internal recipients, you want a signature with no image and only brief details.
You can easily define different signatures for internal and external recipients.
Please click on the required options listed below to go through the detailed description:
- Log into the Exclaimer portal (portal.exclaimer.com) and Launch your subscription.
From the left-hand pane, click Signatures. All relevant functionality to set up the signatures is displayed on the right-hand pane. From the All Signatures tab, click MANAGE against the signature you want to define signature rules.
The selected signature window is displayed.
- Select the Recipients tab to define the recipient rules for the selected signature.
From the Type of recipient section, select the required recipient for the selected signature:
- All Recipients (Internal and External): This includes both internal and external recipients.
- Internal Only: This includes only internal recipients.
- External Only: This includes only external recipients.
- Click SAVE CHANGES to save the changes.
- For a Microsoft 365 subscription, we recommend using the Exclaimer Outlook Add-in. This is an application that can be centrally deployed to Microsoft Outlook and allows any user to add email signatures created within Exclaimer, to the body of their emails, while composing the email. Please see how you can install Exclaimer Outlook Add-in (Public channel).
- For a Google Workspace subscription, it is not possible to treat internal and external emails differently. This is because the signature is automatically added when the user chooses to create a new email or reply/forward an existing email. At this point, the email has not been sent and/or categorized by the client as being internal or external.