To reduce billable traffic, you have a requirement to only route emails to the Exclaimer Cloud servers for those users who need a signature.
By default, once the server-side setup has been completed, the emails for 'all users' will be routed to Exclaimer Cloud for processing.
To restrict which user's emails are routed to the Exclaimer Cloud servers, you can modify the mail flow rule in Exchange Online to only send an email to Exclaimer Cloud if the sender is a member of a group in Microsoft 365.
To modify the mail flow rule:
- Sign in to the Exchange Online admin portal (https://admin.exchange.microsoft.com) as an Administrator.
The Exchange admin center is displayed.
- From the left-hand navigation menu, select Mail flow, then select Rules.
- In Rules, click the Identify messages to send to Exclaimer Cloud rule.
The details are displayed on the right-hand pane.
- Click Edit rule conditions.
- Click + (Add condition) to add another condition.
- From the And drop-down list, select The Sender. From the adjacent drop-down list, select is a member of this group.
- From the Select members pane , select a group that only contains the users you need to apply signatures for.
NOTE: It is only possible to specify a mail-enabled security group or a distribution group.
You can also specify a group that the mail flow rule applies to when running the connector setup - you can do this either by running the server-side setup or manually doing a data synchronization.
- Click SAVE to save the changes made.
WARNING! Any changes to the mail flow rule can take up to one hour to fully replicate in Microsoft 365.
If you experience any issues when trying to modify mail flow rules, please contact our Support team, and we'll be happy to help.