You are using Signature Manager Exchange Edition and would like to migrate your configuration to Exclaimer.
To migrate from Signature Manager Exchange edition to Exclaimer, follow the steps listed below.
Select each option below to view the related instructions:
- Use Microsoft Exchange Admin Center (on-premises) to create the mail-enabled security group.
- Use Microsoft Exchange Online Admin Center (Microsoft 365) to create the mail-enabled security group and enable Group Writeback to synchronize the group back to your on-premises Active Directory.
- Complete the Exclaimer configuration process.
- To configure server-side signatures, enter the users group when setting up Apply to email from all devices including mobiles.
- To configure client-side signatures, deploy the Exclaimer Outlook Add-in to the users group.
- When adding the Outlook Add-in, specify the users group in the Add users window.
To obtain signatures, either:
- Manually re-create your Signature Manager Exchange Edition signatures in the Exclaimer Signature Designer. See how to create signatures for more information.
- Contact the Exclaimer Sales Team about our Template Design Service requesting a quote for your Signature Manager Exchange Edition signatures to be converted for use in Exclaimer.
- Open Signature Manager Exchange Edition.
- For each Signature Policy:
- Select the policy.
- Navigate to the Exceptions tab.
- Select the The Sender is someone checkbox.
- In the edit pane, select someone to edit the exception.
- Select The Sender is a member of an Active Directory group
- In the edit pane, specify the Exclaimer users group.
- Select Save to save the changes.
- In Active Directory Users and Computers, open the group properties and select the Members tab.
- Select Add... to add the users to the group. Select Ok to save your changes.
- Ensure your changes are synchronized in both your on-premises and Microsoft 365 environments.
- If you have used the users group in any signature policies, start a manual data synchronization in Exclaimer to synchronize the group membership changes to Exclaimer.
For this, the sender of the email must be a user maked as inside the organization. All users' emails will flow to Exclaimer; however, you can still manage which signatures apply to users within Exclaimer.
- Log into the Exchange Online admin center.
- Navigate to Mail Flow > Rules.
- Select the rule named Identify messages to send to Exclaimer.
- Select Edit rule conditions.
- Delete the condition The Sender is a member of this group.
- Select Save to commit your changes.
The Outlook Add-in will be available to all users in Outlook; however, you can still manage which signatures apply to users within Exclaimer.
- Log into the Microsoft 365 admin center and navigate to Integrated apps.
- Select the app Exclaimer for Outlook.
- Navigate to the Users tab.
- Under Assign users, select Entire organization.
- Select Update.