You are using Exclaimer Cloud, and you are creating your email signature. The signature template requires linked images; however, you cannot access the web directory for the company website.
Google Drive is a free-to-use service that allows multiple file types to be uploaded to the directory, including images that you can easily maintain and store.
Google Drive has made some changes to the way files are shared on their platform, which can cause the images not to appear within the signature template - however, it is still possible to use linked images hosted on Google Drive.
To use Google Drive, please ensure:
- You have a Google Account set up - this will allow you to access the Google Drive application.
To host images using Google drive:
- Upload images to the Google Driver platform.
- Once the image has been uploaded, click on the image itself, then click Share.
- A window is displayed. Ensure that Anyone with the link is set; otherwise, the image will not show correctly.
- Copy the generated link.
- Now, within Exclaimer Cloud, open the required signature template within the Signature Designer.
- Select the Image element in the template. From the right-hand side, Properties pane, expand the Image Source section.
- In the Linked Image URL, paste the generated link (from Copy link).
Please note that the link will not work as it currently is - the image will not show correctly.
- To ensure the image can be seen - locate the text file/d/<image id>/view?usp=sharing within the Linked Image URL and change this to be uc?export=view&id=<imageid>.
Linked Image URL - Before:
Linked Image URL - After:
Once this is done, you will see the image within the template and the image preview.
- Click OK to save the changes and close the Image/Logo window.
- Click SAVE CHANGES to save the changes made to the signature template.
How to host images using Dropbox?
How to add Trust Pilot within your signatures?
How to align Arabic or Hebrew text within the signature?
Why is the 'drag and drop editor' not working for me?
How does dark mode affect email signatures?
How to use animated GIFs in your signature template?
Embedded images vs hosted images in email signatures