This option allows an organization to synchronize the user photos from the Google Directory to Exclaimer. This is useful if the organization wants to use the same user photos in Exclaimer and Google applications, such as Gmail.
How to access it?
- You need to be logged in as an Exclaimer Administrator to access the Enable Google User Photos feature.
To access the Enable Google User Photos option:
- From the left-hand pane, click Configuration, then select Manage User Data.
- In the right-hand pane, under Enable Google User Photos, are the relevant options.
Enabling Google User Photos
To enable the Google user photos:
As required, select the appropriate option, then click SAVE to save the changes made:
- Not enabled: Select to disable the feature.
User photos can still be uploaded manually, see User Photos
- Read user profile photos from Google: Select to synchronize the thumbnail photo from Google Directory to Exclaimer.
Synchronizing Google Directory User Photos
Google Directory user photos are synchronized automatically when the feature is enabled and will continue to synchronize once every four hours.
Photos uploaded manually will be given priority over those synced from Google Directory.
Photos will be synchronized with the dimensions of 250 x 250 pixels. To apply your own size and other styling, see Working with the User Photo signature element.
Viewing User Photos
The current user photo for each user can be viewed within the User Photos section.