AbstractYou want to view or modify the list of email addresses that have been added to the Auto White List by Exclaimer Anti-spam. By default Exclaimer Anti-spam will store the most recent 50,000 email recipients sent from your organization.
DescriptionThe Auto White List email addresses are contained within a file called "AutoWhiteList.dat". Please follow the instructions below for further information explaining how you can locate and modify the file.
- Close the Exclaimer Anti-spam console
- Open the "Services" Management Console (services.msc)
- Locate the "Microsoft Exchange Transport Service". Right mouse click and choose "Stop" to stop the service
(Note: Stopping the Microsoft Exchange Transport Service will prevent email from being routed in the organization. It is necessary to stop the Microsoft Exchange Transport service because the AutoWhitelist.dat file is held in memory for better performance).
- Using the table below, browse to the directory containing the AutoWhiteList.dat file on the operating system you have installed Exclaimer Anti-spam.
|Operating System||Configuration Directory|
|Windows Server 2003 x64 |
Windows Server 2003 R2 x64
|\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application\Application Data\Exclaimer Ltd\Anti-Spam\Configs|
|Windows Server 2008 |
Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows Small Business Server 2008
Windows Small Business Server 2011
- Right click the AutoWhiteList.dat file and select "Open with..."
- Choose Notepad as the program to open the file with and click OK
- The contents of the file will be displayed in Notepad where you will be able to view or modify the list of email addresses that have been added to the Auto White List.
Hashed value of the email address When to expire the Auto White List entry Email address in clear text If you need to remove an email address, delete the entire line. It is not possible add an email address or modify an existing email address as this has no effect on the hashed value.
- Once you have made any necessary amendments click File > Save and close Notepad.
- Return to the Services Management Console, right click the Microsoft Exchange Transport service and select "Start".
Customer support service by UserEcho