SymptomsThe disclaimer is placed at the bottom of the message when replying to or forwarding a message when using Entourage, an iPhone or Gmail.
CauseMail Utilities uses a reply separator to determine where disclaimers should be placed.
Entourage, iPhones and Gmail use a reply separator that is set on the date, time and the sender of the original message, as shown in the example below:
On 22/02/08 11:00, "Joshua Clarke" wrote:
This reply separator is not static and will always change; therefore Mail Utilities can not recognise it.
Entourage and GmailThis issue can be resolved by adding a reply separator that Mail Utilities can recognise.
You need to add this to:
- The signature for replies and forwards section of Entourage
- The signature section of Gmail
We recommend using the following reply separator:
You can also add the Entourage forwarded message reply separator into Mail Utilities.
To do this:
- Open the Exclaimer Mail Utilities control panel
- Click on Set up from the menu on the left
- Click on the Advanced button in the bottom right of the Set up page
- Click on the Identifiers tab
- In the Reply Separators section add the following reply separator:
- Note: There must be a semi colon and a space before the new entry, like so:
-Original Message -; -Forward Message
The iPhone does not differentiate between signatures for new messages, replies or
forwards - it just has one generic signature section.
Therefore, we recommend adding a line of ten underscores to the signature for all
messages. This ensures that the signature/disclaimer is applied in the correct location, as the line of ten underscores is a recognised reply separator in Mail Utilities.
Note: This does not require amendments to the reply separator in Mail Utilities - only on the iPhone.
Customer support service by UserEcho