Using a dedicated, non-admin user for aggregation and updating signatures with Signature Manager Office 365 Edition
You wish to use a dedicated, non-admin user, which is non-billable (optional) for data aggregation and updating signatures with Signature Manager Office 365 Edition.
To achieve this, you need to create a new user in the Office 365 Admin Portal; hydrate this account (by setting regional options via Office 365 OWA); run a PowerShell script to apply credentials for the new user and finally, add this user to Signature Manager Office 365 Edition. Required steps are detailed below.
Download this zip file (SMO365E_Non-Admin_Account.zip) which contains a required PowerShell script (365Account.ps1).
Unzip the file and save the script to a location that can be easily accessed later.
Follow the steps below:
- Sign-in to the Office 365 admin portal (https://portal.office.com) as the admin user (or delegated admin, in the case of a Cloud Partner).
- From the left-hand menu, select Users > Active Users and create a new user. For example: ExclaimerService.
- Wait for the mailbox to be created for this user. You can see this by selecting the user in the Office 365 admin centre, and watching the right-hand pane:
- Once the mailbox has been set up, log on to Office 365 OWA, using the new account (i.e. ExclaimerService).
- Set regional options as appropriate - this will hydrate the account.
- Log off.
- Run the PowerShell script (365Account.ps1) that you downloaded beforehand.
- When prompted, enter credentials for an Office 365 administrator.
- When requested, enter account information for the new user (i.e. ExclaimerService).
- (Optional). Double-click the ExclaimerService account (or your equivalent) in the Office 365 Admin Center.
- (Optional). Select Licenses and uncheck all licenses for this user and save changes:
Note: Steps 10 and 11 are optional. Complete these steps if you do not wish this account to use an Office 365 license - i.e. to make this a non-billed user.
- Open Signature Manager Office 365 Edition and navigate to the Signature Manager Office 365 Edition branch in the Exclaimer console.
- Select the Settings tab and configure the Office 365 admin account to be the new user (i.e. ExclaimerService). For further information on settings, click here.
Note: If you have chosen to remove licenses for this user and you click the Test Connectivity button, an error will be returned (because the user does not have a mailbox) - this is fine. If you opt to leave licenses in place, the Test Connectivity option should not return an error.
Customer support service by UserEcho