You have configured Exclaimer Cloud and have found that signatures are not applied to meeting requests and other emails with the 'calendaring' message type. You want to know if it's possible to apply signatures to these emails.
Due to limitations in some email clients, Exclaimer Cloud doesn't apply signatures to meeting requests and other calendaring emails by default. There are some possible workarounds; however, please make yourself aware of the limitations before implementing them.
Please click on the required options listed below to go through the detailed description:
- Some versions of Outlook may not have the option to insert a signature into calendaring emails.
- Some versions of Outlook only support rich text format in calendaring emails so you may not see a full HTML signature.
To insert a client-side signature manually in Outlook:
Sending from iOS devices - Plain text calendaring emails sent from iOS devices are not supported and will not contain the meeting or options to accept or decline the meeting when delivered.
To add a server-side signature automatically:
- Sign in to the Exchange Online admin portal (https://admin.exchange.microsoft.com) as an Administrator.
- From the left-hand side, click Mail flow, then select Rules.
- From the right-hand side, select the Identify messages to send to Exclaimer Cloud rule.
The properties pane is displayed on the right-hand side.
- Click Edit rule conditions.
- In the Except If section, find the exception The message properties include the message type 'Calendaring'.
- Click on the delete (bin) button to remove the exception.
- Click Save.