You currently use Signature Manager Outlook Edition and want to migrate to Exclaimer Cloud for Microsoft 365.
Please go through the steps listed below to migrate from Signature Manager Outlook Edition to Exclaimer Cloud for Microsoft 365.
Click on the required options to go through the detailed description:
You can use any of the two options listed below for creating a mail-enabled security group:
If you wish to configure server-side signatures, you should enter the Cloud users group when setting up Apply to email from all devices including mobiles (AKA server-side signatures).
If you wish to configure client-side signatures, deploy the Exclaimer Outlook Add-in to the Cloud users group.
When you add the Outlook Add-in, specify the Cloud users group in the Add users window.
NOTE: It is not possible to import signatures which were created in the Signature Manager Outlook Edition into Exclaimer Cloud. There are two possible options you can perform:
- Manually re-create your Signature Manager Outlook Edition signatures in Exclaimer Cloud's user-friendly drag-and-drop editor.
- Contact the Exclaimer Sales Team about our Template Design Service requesting a quote for your Signature Manager Outlook Edition signatures to be converted for use in Exclaimer Cloud.
- Open Group Policy Management.
- Select your group policy for running ExSync.exe
- Navigate to the Delegation tab.
- Click Advanced...
- Click Add...
- Add the Cloud users group.
- In the Permissions section, select Deny for Full control (all permissions should now show as Deny).
- Click OK to save your changes.
- As you migrate users from Signature Manager Outlook Edition to Exclaimer Cloud, you need to manually change the logon script to a new logon script which does not run ExSync.exe
For more information about NETLogon scripts, please see How to assign a logon script to a profile for a local user.
On the machine where Signature Manager Outlook Edition is installed:
- Open Signature Manager Outlook Edition.
- For each Signature Policy, Campaign Policy, Disclaimer Policy and Mail Format Policy:
- Select the policy.
- Navigate to the Exceptions tab.
- Check the option Outlook user is a member of an Active Directory group.
- In the pane below, specify the Exclaimer Cloud users group.
- Once you have changed all policies, click Save to save the changes.
- Add the required users as members of the group in Active Directory Users and Computers within the group's properties.
- After making any changes, please ensure they are synchronized in both your on-premises and Microsoft 365 environments.
- If you have used the Cloud users group in any signature policies, Start a manual data synchronization in Exclaimer Cloud to synchronize the group membership changes to Exclaimer Cloud.
Removing the group condition will make future management of users in Exclaimer Cloud easier, as you will only need to manage this from Exclaimer Cloud and not have to add new users to the Cloud users group going forward.
After making this change, the only condition is that the sender of the email is inside the organization. All users emails will flow to Exclaimer Cloud; however, you can still manage which (if any) signatures apply to the users within Exclaimer Cloud.
- Log into the Exchange Online admin center.
- Navigate to Mail Flow > Rules.
- Select the rule named Identify messages to send to Exclaimer Cloud.
- Click Edit rule conditions.
- Delete the condition The Sender is a member of this group.
- Click Save to commit your changes.
Changing the Outlook Add-in to deploy to all users will make future management of users in Exclaimer Cloud easier, as you will only need to manage this from Exclaimer Cloud and not have to add new users to the Cloud users group going forward.
After making this change, the Outlook Add-in will be available to all users in Outlook; however, you can still manage which (if any) signatures apply to the users within Exclaimer Cloud.
- Log into the Microsoft 365 admin center and navigate to Integrated apps.
- Select the app Exclaimer Cloud for Outlook.
- Navigate to the Users tab.
- For Assign users, select Entire organization.
- Click Update.