Once you have successfully authorized Exclaimer Cloud to read user data from your Google Workspace directory to an Exclaimer Cloud Signatures database so that it can be applied to your email signatures - you need to start the synchronization process.
This process synchronizes the contact details of all members or, if required, selected members with Exclaimer Cloud so signatures can be applied to their email messages.
How to access it?
To access the Start Sync option during the initial setup:
- From the left-hand pane, click Configuration, then select Connect to Google.
NOTE: The options within Connect to Google are only available during the initial setup. Once you have successfully configured your Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Google Workspace subscription, this section will not be available.
If required, you can edit the configuration settings via Manager User Data, Manage Mail Flow and Gmail Signatures.
- In the right-hand pane, under the Synchronize User Contact Details section, Start Synchronization is enabled only when access to Google Workspace has been enabled.
To access the Start Sync option after the initial setup:
- From the left-hand pane, click Configuration, then select Manage User Data.
- From the right-hand pane, under Start Synchronization are the relevant options.
Please click on the required options listed below to go through the detailed description:
- You need to be logged in as an Exclaimer Cloud Administrator to edit the synchronization options.
- Editors only have access to the START SYNC button to trigger a data synchronization. For more information on permissions, please see the Difference between Editors and Admin?
To synchronize user contact details:
- You can either synchronize the contact details of all members within your organization with Exclaimer Cloud or synchronize the contact details of only the limited users within the selected Google Workspace group.
- Select Synchronize all users to synchronize the contact details of all members of your organization with Exclaimer Cloud.
- In the Synchronize only users in this group, enter the email addresses of only those members of your organization whose details you wish to synchronize with Exclaimer Cloud; this is a predictive text field, so any matched groups will be shown as you start to type. Select the required group whose user contact details you want to sync with Exclaimer Cloud.
NOTE: The Synchronize only users in this group option is useful in scenarios where you don't want the contact details of all members within your organization to be synced with Exclaimer Cloud. For example, a large organization using Google Workspace has branches worldwide. But, only the UK branch employee contact details need to be synced with Exclaimer Cloud. This feature allows IT Admins to sync only specific Google Workspace groups with Exclaimer Cloud.Example:
WARNING! By enabling the Synchronize only users in this group option, all user data for people outside this group will be removed from the database.
- Click START SYNC to start synchronizing the data from Google Workspace.
- If you are in the process of configuring your Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Google Workspace subscription, then the synchronization process will continue in the background while you proceed with the setup. When the synchronization process is successfully completed, a confirmation message is displayed.
Next Steps: Once you have completed the synchronization process, you need to select how you wish to apply your email signatures: Server-side or client-side.
- If you are manually synchronizing the contact details, then a confirmation message is displayed along with the date and time when the sync was completed.
The synchronization status is displayed below the START SYNC button:
Typically, this will display the date and time of the most recent successful synchronization.
Some other synchronization statuses you may see:
In Progress - Implies that the synchronization is currently running.
Consent required - Implies that Exclaimer Cloud is not authorized to access the user data in Google Workspace.
- Failed - Implies that an unknown error has occurred.
- Try to re-run the synchronization.
- Check that you have Enabled access to Google Workspace.
- Submit a request with the Support team.
- Allow up to three hours for the synchronization to finish.
- Submit a request with the Support team.