Relevant Product: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
To synchronize signatures with the user's Outlook, the Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent needs to be deployed to each user's computer.
Downloading Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent
To download the Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent:
- Log into the Exclaimer portal (portal.exclaimer.com) and Launch your subscription. All existing signatures (and signature folders) are displayed on the Home page, in the processing sequence.
- Hover your cursor over any signature and select the Signature rules option:
- The Signature rules window is displayed and, by default, the Server-side (Office 365) tab is opened.
- Select the Client-side (Outlook) tab at the top of the page to access the Outlook options:
- Click Download to download the client-side agent for both Windows and macOS.
In the Windows version, the Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent uses a ClickOnce application.
ClickOnce is a Microsoft technology that enables the Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent to be installed quickly and easily and to update itself with any future updates.
In the macOS version, the Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent uses a Disk Image (.dmg) file format and can be installed by downloading and double-clicking on the file.
6. Click OK to proceed else click Cancel to close the window.
What happens when I click the Download link?
When you click the Download link, you are directed to this web page:
As required, you can either download the Windows agent or the macOS agent.
Once the installation is complete, you will be asked to provide your Office 365 email address and password. The agent will use these credentials to authenticate and download the appropriate signatures. Thereafter, the agent will run silently in the background. But, if you change your password at a later date, you may be asked to re-enter your details.
Can I install Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent via GPO?
Exclaimer recommends using the ClickOnce application as it can automatically update when new versions of the agent become available. Deployment via GPO, with an MSI file, is recommended for larger environments; however, new versions will need to be manually updated.Warning: This option is valid for Windows only. It will not work with macOS.