Relevant Product: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for G Suite
This article guides you through the process of configuring your Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for G Suite subscription, for Gmail (client-side) only.
In this mode, signatures are synchronized to users' Gmail (so they can be added when composing messages).
Notes: For alternative configuration options, see Setup Overview for G Suite.
Running the setup wizard
To complete the setup described below, you will need:
G Suite Super Admin credentials
G Suite Super Admin credentials
This wizard walks you through the steps required to grant permission for Exclaimer Cloud to:
- Synchronize data from your Google Directory to an Exclaimer Cloud Signatures database, so it can be applied to your signatures.
- Synchronize signatures to your users' Gmail.
To run the setup wizard, follow the steps below:
Once you have set up your subscription and launched Exclaimer Cloud, you can choose to Connect to your email system or Try the Signature Designer:
Note: Even if you select Try the Signature Designer option, the Connect to your email system option will always be available when you launch the product.
Select Connect to your email system then click Next to choose the features that you wish to configure.
- Select See before you send:
- Click Next to view a summary of tasks that will be completed during this setup:
- Click Next to choose an account with Super Admin permissions for your G Suite account:
- Once you have selected the required account, you are prompted to grant access to Exclaimer Cloud to access your Google account:
- Click Allow to grant permission and verify the installation:
- You are now prompted to Integrate with Google, to allow Exclaimer Cloud to read data from your Google Directory and update users' signatures in Gmail. Click Integrate with Google:
- The install screen for Exclaimer G Suite is displayed. Click Install.
- A message box is displayed prompting that Exclaimer G Suite needs your permission to start the installation process:
- Click CONTINUE to proceed.
Caution: You will need to sign in with your Super Admin credentials to proceed with the installation.
- Sign in as Super Admin:
- A summary of access requirements is displayed. Click Allow to proceed:
- Click Domain Install to continue:
The Domain wide install message is displayed:
Warning: It may take up to 24 hours for this app to be installed for your entire Google Workspace domain or organizational unit.
- Click CONTINUE to grant permission for the Exclaimer G Suite app to be installed.
- Click ALLOW to proceed:
A window is displayed with the message that Exclaimer G Suite has been installed:
- Click DONE to close the window.
- Go back to the G Suite setup wizard and click Next.
This will validate and synchronize the apps for the client-side:
- Once the data has been synchronized, click Next to proceed:
- You can now create your first signature:
Having created a signature, you can define signature rules and enable the signature for use in Gmail.
Note: Make sure you set the required Google Drive and Docs permissions when using embedded images in client-side signatures.