Relevant Product: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
You are using Exclaimer Cloud to add signatures to email messages. Separately, you are using an Office 365 transport rule to append a disclaimer.
When sending an email, you notice that the disclaimer text is added twice and the Exclaimer signature is added between the two disclaimers.
This issue occurs because when Exclaimer Cloud processes an email and passes it back to Office 365, the transport rule which adds the disclaimer is applied again.
You can follow any one of the two solutions described below:
Define the required disclaimer text in Exclaimer Cloud.
In doing so, Exclaimer Cloud appends the signature AND the disclaimer, so the Office 365 transport rule becomes redundant.
Office 365 Global Administrator credentials
This involves adding a condition to the Office 365 transport rule:
With this an email will not process the disclaimer rule unless it has been processed by Exclaimer Cloud, the disclaimer is added after the email is processed by Cloud.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Sign-in to the Office 365 admin portal (https://portal.office.com).
- At the Home page, click the icon at the top-left of the screen then select the Admin option from the resulting menu:
The Office 365 admin center page is displayed.
- From the left-hand menu, select ADMIN > Exchange:
The Exchange admin center page is displayed.
- From the left-hand navigation menu, select mail flow:
The mail flow page is displayed, with a row of options in a menu bar at the top:
- Select rules from the menu bar to display the rules list.
- Select and edit the transport rule which is adding your disclaimer.
- Click add condition:
- From the drop-down list, select A message header… and then matches these text patterns:
Note: If you don't see all the options, look for a More options… link and click it.
- Click the Enter text… hyperlink:
- In the specify header name window, enter X-ExclaimerHostedSignatures-MessageProcessed and click OK:
- Click the Enter text patterns… hyperlink:
- In the specify words or phrases window, enter true (in lower case) then click the + symbol to add this word to the list:
- Click OK.
- Click Save to complete the setup for this rule.
Caution: It can take up to one hour for changes to the Transport Rule to become operational.