Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 | Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for G Suite
The Diagnostics Log Viewer functionality allows you to view logs, identify and rectify the different issues that occur for the client-side and server-side signatures in your Microsoft 365 or G Suite subscriptions.
Accessing the Diagnostics Log Viewer
To access the Diagnostics Log Viewer:
- Log into the Exclaimer Cloud portal, launch your subscription, then click the options list from the top-right of your screen and select Settings:
- The Settings window is displayed, select the Diagnostics tab then click Search:
Note: The Diagnostics tab is not visible if:
- You are not an Exclaimer Cloud Administrator
- You are in preview mode
- The Settings - Search for Diagnostic Logs window is displayed:
- From the Diagnostic Log Type drop-down list, select the required option:
- Client-side (Outlook/Gmail): Select to view log files for all signatures applied to Outlook and Gmail.
- Server-side (Microsoft 365/G Suite): Select to view log files for all signatures applied to Microsoft 365 and G Suite.
- Exchange On-Premise: Select to view log files for all signatures sent to Exclaimer Cloud from your Exchange On-Premise server.
Note: The Exchange On-Premise option is only visible if it is included in your subscription.
- From the Date Range drop-down list, select the required option:
- Past Day: Displays the log, for the selected log type, for only the day before.
- Past Two Days: Displays the log, for the selected log type, for only the last two days.
- Past Week: Displays the log, for the selected log type, for only the past week.
- Custom Range: Enables the Custom Range field which allows you to select the Start Date and End Date for the selected log type.
Custom Range: This field is only enabled if you select the Custom Range option (from the Date Range drop-down list).
You can either select a Start Date time and End Date time for the log or manually enter the date range and time.
The following screenshot displays how to select the start date and time.
For the start date, click on the calendar picker to select the start date for the log file.
For the start time, click on the time picker to select the start time for the log file.
- In Sender, enter a valid email address for the search criteria.
- Click Search to view the log files as per the options selected.
The format of the search results varies according to the Diagnostic Log Type you selected previously.
- A maximum of 100 logs are displayed in the log viewer.
- Only two weeks of logs are available to view.
The following screens are examples of the different search results for the different diagnostic log types.
Server-side (Microsoft 365, G Suite)
- Click on a row to view detailed information about the log.
The Log Details window is displayed and it consists of two tabs:
- Rule Evaluation: Displays details for each signature, such as whether the signature was successfully applied to the given email address, whether it was sent internally or externally, and so on.
- Details: Displays an overview of the selected log.