NOTE: The options within this section are not available in the new UI for this release.
Running the setup wizard
To complete the setup described below, you will need:
G Suite Super Admin credentials
G Suite Super Admin credentials
The Setup wizard will walk you through the steps required to grant permission for Exclaimer Cloud to:
- Synchronize data from your Google Directory to an Exclaimer Cloud Signatures database (so it can be applied to your signatures).
- Configure G Suite email routing (routing messages via Exclaimer Cloud) so signatures can be applied.
- Synchronize signatures to your users' Gmail.
To run the setup wizard, follow the steps below:
- Once you have set up your subscription and launched Exclaimer Cloud, you can choose to Connect to your email system or Try the Signature Designer:
NOTE: Even if you select Try the Signature Designer option, the Connect to your email system option will always be available when you launch the product.
- Select Connect to your email system, then click Next to choose the features that you wish to configure.
- Select Apply to email from all devices and see before you send in Gmail:
- Click Next to view a summary of tasks that will be completed during this setup:
- Click Next to choose an account with Super Admin permissions for your G Suite account:
- Once you have selected the account, you are prompted to grant access to Exclaimer Cloud to access your Google account:
- Click Allow to grant permission and verify the installation.
The wizard will now check for an existing installation of the Exclaimer Cloud G Suite application:
Having confirmed that the application has not already been installed, Exclaimer Cloud will require you to complete the application installation.
- You are now prompted to Integrate with Google, to allow Exclaimer Cloud to read data from your Google Directory and update users' signatures in Gmail. Click Integrate with Google:
- The install screen for Exclaimer G Suite is displayed. Click Install:
- Click Admin Install to continue:
The Domain wide install window is displayed:
WARNING! It may take up to 24 hours for this app to be installed for your entire Google Workspace domain or organizational unit.
- Click CONTINUE to grant permission for the Exclaimer G Suite app to be installed.
A summary of access requirements is displayed.
- Select for whom you wish to automatically install the app:
- Everyone at your organization
- Certain groups or organizational units
- Click FINISH to proceed.
A window is displayed with the message that Exclaimer G Suite has been installed:
- Click DONE to close the window.
- Go back to the G Suite setup wizard and click Next:
Exclaimer Cloud will now check the installation of the Exclaimer G Suite application:
- The next page of the wizard contains Host and IP address information that needs to be configured in the Google Workspace Admin Console:
NOTE: You can access the Google Workspace Admin console from here: https://admin.google.com
- Follow the instructions to complete the required configuration in the Google Workspace Admin Console, then return to the wizard and continue with the steps outlined below.
- Once the required setup has been completed in the Google Workspace Admin Console, select I have completed the setup in G Suite checkbox then click Next to synchronize the data:
When the data synchronization is complete, a confirmation is displayed:
- Click Next to complete the wizard and create your first signature:
- Once you have created your signature, you can choose to define Signature rules in order to determine if a signature should be applied server-side and/or client-side.