The user's contact numbers (for example, telephone, fax or mobile) are defined in email signatures. When the signature is applied to emails, these numbers are prefixed with a country code (for example, +1); however, the country code is not present when you check the user data in the Microsoft Office 365 portal.
The country code is not present in Microsoft Office 365 user data fields, but Exclaimer Cloud has synchronized it from your Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
NOTE: The steps described here assume that you have already created an email signature. For more information, see how you can create an email signature.
To prevent the country code from being included in signatures, you need to update user data in Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open an elevated Windows PowerShell prompt.
To run the PowerShell window with elevated permissions, click Start, then type PowerShell – locate the PowerShell icon and right-click to choose Run as Administrator.
- Run the following command:
- Press [Enter] and specify your Office 365 global administrator.
- To view the existing user data in your Microsoft Azure Active Directory, run the following command
Get-MsolUser -UserPrincipalName email@example.com |fl- replace firstname.lastname@example.org with the user's name that you wish to update.
- To change the user data (such as the mobile number), run the following command:
Set-MsolUser -UserPrincipalName email@example.com -MobilePhone 555-429-4792- replace 555-429-4792 with the required mobile (or other) number, without a country code.
- To confirm the user data has been updated, run the following command:
Get-MsolUser -UserPrincipalName firstname.lastname@example.org |fl- replace email@example.com with the user's name that you wish to check.
- Once these changes have propagated throughout Office 365/Microsoft Azure Active Directory, synchronize it with Exclaimer Cloud.
By default, data synchronization occurs once a day; however, you can run this operation manually. For more information, see How to manually synchronize data.