To uninstall this functionality, you need to first deactivate the rules in place, followed by the connectors.
Once this has been removed, emails that are sent will no longer be passed over to the Exclaimer Azure Servers – this will prevent a signature from being added to the emails sent.
The uninstallation process consists of - please click on the required options listed below to go through the detailed description:
If you don't want to permanently delete the Transport Rule, you can deactivate it.
- Log in to the Exchange admin center using your Microsoft 365 Administrator credentials.
- Select mail flow from the left-hand pane, then select rules.
- You will see the Transport Rule that you created at the time of setting up Signatures for Office 365:
- Select the tickbox to deselect the Transport Rule.
This will take a few moments to update.
Once the Transport Rule has been successfully deactivated, the Transport Rule will no longer be active. To reactivate it, simply click the tickbox again.
To permanently delete the Transport Rule:
- Click the trashcan icon above the Transport Rule:
A Warning message is displayed, prompting you to confirm if you want to permanently delete the Transport Rule:
- Click Yes to permanently delete the Transport Rule.
WARNING! Once the Transport Rule has been deleted, it cannot be undone.
To deactivate the Office 365 connectors:
- Within the Exchange admin center, from the left-hand pane, select mail flow, then select the connectors tab on the right-hand side:
- You will see the Send and Receive connectors you created when setting up Signatures for Office 365:
- Select the Receive connector. On the right-hand side of the screen, you will see a description of the selected connector.
- From the description, under Status, click the hyperlink text Turn it off:
A Warning message is displayed, prompting you to confirm if you want to turn off the selected connector:
- Click Yes to deactivate the selected connector.
The selected connector will have an Off status against it:
- If you previously deleted your Transport Rule, repeat the above steps to deactivate the Send connector.
- If you only deactivated the Transport Rule, then you will not be able to deactivate the Send connector. A message is displayed on the right-hand side of the screen highlighting that One or more transport rules are still referencing the specified connector.
To permanently delete both Office 365 connectors:
- Highlight the Receive connector and click the trashcan icon:
A Warning message is displayed, prompting you to confirm if you want to delete the selected connector:
- Click Yes to permanently delete the selected connector.
WARNING! Once the Office 365 connectors are deleted, they cannot be undone.
- Repeat the same process to delete the Send connector.
With the Transport Rule and Office 365 connectors deactivated/deleted, your emails will no longer be routed to an Exclaimer Azure server, and signatures will not be added to any emails.
See how to remove the Exclaimer Cloud Azure App.
To remove the domain, follow the steps below:
- In the Microsoft 365 Admin Center, navigate to Settings > Domains (via the left-hand navigation pane).
- On the Domains page, select the required domain (this will be in the form <unique tenant ID>.smtp.exclaimer.cloud).
- Click Remove.
- Follow any additional prompts, then click Close.
For additional information, see how you can remove the Exclaimer Cloud domain.