You want to temporarily disable or permanently stop email from your organization routing to Exclaimer Cloud to have server-side signatures applied. You may wish to do this if you are troubleshooting a mail flow issue, no longer wish to use server-side signatures or have cancelled your Exclaimer Cloud subscription.
- If you wish to enable the server-side again, you will need to go through the configuration process again.
- Emails that are sent will no longer be passed over to the Exclaimer Azure Servers – this will prevent a signature from being added to the emails sent.
To temporarily disable server-side signatures for Exclaimer Cloud:
If you don't want to permanently delete the Transport Rule, you can deactivate it.
- Log in to the Exchange admin center using your Microsoft 365 Administrator credentials.
- The Exchange admin center is displayed.
- From the left-hand navigation menu, select Mail flow, then select Rules.
- In Rules, you will see the Transport Rule that you created at the time of setting up Signatures for Microsoft 365.
- Click the Identify messages to send to Exclaimer Cloud rule.
The details are displayed on the right-hand pane.
- In Enable or disable rule, slide the bar to disable the rule.
This will take a few moments to update.
Once the Transport Rule has been successfully deactivated (disabled), the Transport Rule will no longer be active.
To reactivate it, click the Identify messages to send to Exclaimer Cloud rule.
The details are displayed on the right-hand pane. In Enable or disable rule, slide the bar to enable the rule.
To uninstall server-side signatures for Exclaimer Cloud:
To permanently delete the Transport Rule:
- Select the transport rule then click the trash can icon above the Transport Rule.
A Warning message pane is displayed on the right-hand side, prompting you to confirm if you want to delete the Transport Rule:
- Click Confirm to permanently delete the Transport Rule.
WARNING! Once the Transport Rule has been deleted, it cannot be undone.
To permanently delete both Microsoft 365 connectors:
- Select the Receive connector. The details are displayed on the right-hand pane.
- Click the trash can icon.
A Warning message pane is displayed on the right-hand side, prompting you to confirm if you want to delete the connector.
- Click Confirm to permanently delete the selected connector.
WARNING! Once the Microsoft 365 connectors are deleted, they cannot be undone.
- Repeat the same process to delete the Send connector.
With the Transport Rule and Microsoft 365 connectors deactivated/deleted, your emails will no longer be routed to an Exclaimer Azure server, and signatures will not be added to any emails.
See how to remove the Exclaimer Cloud Azure App.
To remove the domain, follow the steps below:
- In the Microsoft 365 Admin Center, navigate to Settings > Domains (via the left-hand navigation pane).
- On the Domains page, select the required domain (this will be in the form <unique tenant ID>.smtp.exclaimer.cloud or <unique tenant ID>.smtp.excl.cloud).
- Click Remove Domain.
- Follow any additional prompts, then click Close.
For additional information, see how you can remove the Exclaimer Cloud domain.