Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 | Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for G Suite | Signature Manager Exchange Edition | Signature Manager Outlook Edition
Within your signature, you are using a custom font or background image. But you notice that the signature looks to be of poor quality.
Unfortunately, sometimes the bitmap rendering process can cause quality issues - the cause is unknown.
If you are using a custom font or background image that is rendered as a bitmap then unfortunately we cannot do anything about the quality here. For more information, see How to use custom fonts without rendering as bitmaps.
You can try any one of these options:
- Remove the custom font or background image.
- Use font-stacks, see How to insert a font stack into Exclaimer Cloud
- Break the background into separate images and background colours.
Removing custom font or background image
- Select the text.
- From the Properties window, click Text then select Manage.
- Click X then click OK.
Breaking the background into separate images and background colours
Please note that the following steps highlight a simple signature. Your signature may be more complicated, so you may need to use Photoshop or an image editor to work out where each section should be cut.
- Select the background image in use.
Click on the golden yellow line of the table where the background is applied.
- From the Properties window, click Background, then select None.
- Re-create the signatures using tables, background colours and images.
In this example, the green table cell with the larger space is selected:
- From the Rows & Columns drop-down list, select Insert Column Right.
- Use the Image/Logo signature element to add in the required image (cropped out of the background we used):
Set the alignment to Right and Bottom.
Now, apply the background colour.
- Select the golden yellow line again to apply the background colour used in the original background image to complete this design.