From 30 June 2021, the following On-Premise products will no longer be available for purchase:
- Exclaimer Auto Responder
- Exclaimer Email Alias Manager for Exchange
- Exclaimer Mail Archiver
For any further questions, please contact the Exclaimer Sales team.
You have installed the Mail Archiver Outlook Add-in and upon opening Outlook, you see an error similar to this:
The Mail Archiver Outlook Add-in relies on customized roaming home pages in order to render web pages within Outlook.
An October 2017 Microsoft Outlook security update disabled roaming home pages in Outlook to address a significant vulnerability with the application - this inadvertently causes the Add-in to fail.
To resolve this issue, it is necessary to enable roaming home pages for all users using the Mail Archiver Outlook Add-in.
To do this, you must configure the settings in the registry. The Mail Archiver Outlook Add-in installation sets this value for the 'current user', however, any other users of the machine will not have this setting configured for them.
To configure the settings in the registry:
Open the Group Policy Management console, right-click on the domain name, select Create a GPO in this domain, and Link it here...
- Specify a name for the new GPO, for example: Mail Archiver - EnableRoamingFolderHomepages Registry Fix then click OK.
Right-click the newly created GPO and select Edit.
- Navigate to User Configuration, click Preferences, then click Windows Settings.
Right-click Registry, click New, then select Registry Item.
The New Registry Properties window is displayed:
- In Action, select Update.
In Hive, select HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
- In Key Path, enter SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\<Outlook Version>\Outlook\Security.
- In Value name, enter EnableRoamingFolderHomepages.
- In Value type, enter REG_DWORD.
- In Value data, enter 1.
- Click OK then close the Group Policy Management Editor.
If required, you can limit the GPO to specific users or groups using the Security Filtering options within the Scope tab for the selected GPO: