Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
To make use of the Exchange On-Premises feature, you need to install the Exclaimer Transport Agent.
This article consists of the following sections:
- Pre-requisites you need to know before you start installing the Exclaimer Transport Agent
- How to retrieve the Exclaimer Transport Agent
- How to unzip the Exclaimer Transport Agent
- How to install the Exclaimer Transport Agent
- How to add limitations (to include specific groups and senders) to the Exclaimer Transport Agent
- How to restart the Transport Service
Retrieving the Exclaimer Transport Agent
Follow these steps to retrieve the Exclaimer Transport Agent:
- Click the Download link to download the latest version of the Exclaimer Transport Agent onto your computer, then copy the downloaded files to each of your mailbox servers.
- Click New Key, to create a new API Key.
The Add API Key window is displayed.
- Enter a descriptive name for the new API Key.
- Click OK to create the key, else click Cancel to close the window without creating the new key.
The new API Key is displayed in the API Keys list.
This concludes the steps you need to do on the portal.
The zipped file consists of the Exclaimer Transport Agent - you need to copy it to every Exchange server that hosts the transport service for the installation (typically, mailbox servers).
Unzipping the Exclaimer Transport Agent
Follow these steps to unzip the Exclaimer Transport Agent:
- Go to your Downloads folder (or where the Exclaimer Exchange TransportAgent.zip is downloaded), right-click the Exclaimer Exchange TransportAgent zip file, select Properties and make sure the Unblock option is selected.
- You can either unzip the files using either the standard options available when you right-click the file or you can use the Windows PowerShell command:
Installing the Exclaimer Transport Agent
Follow these steps to install the Exclaimer Transport Agent:
Once the files have been successfully unzipped, open the Exchange Management Shell.
- Enter the command to the folder path where the file was unzipped.
- To run the install script:
- in <API key> enter the API Key that you generated in the Exclaimer Cloud Portal (and you copied it to a Notepad).
- in <Uri key> enter the Uri supplied in the Exclaimer Cloud Portal (and you copied it to a Notepad)
- Press [Enter] to install the Transport Agent service.
The Performance counters are installed first, then the Event Log Source then the Transport Agent is installed.
If you didn't do a force restart on the Transport Agent, restart messages will be displayed in PowerShell prompting you to restart it.
- Once the installation process is complete, you can restart the service.
This concludes the bare-minimum installation: the Transport Agent is created with no group limits. All emails going through the server will be routed to the service.
Using an Envelope Filter with the Exclaimer Transport Agent
Follow this step to add limitations to include specific groups and senders:
- Enter the AcceptedSenders and AcceptedGroups commands, at the end of the run command, when using the install script.
Restarting the Exclaimer Transport Service
Follow this step to restart the Transport Service:
- The Transport Service needs to restart after the installation (and before any mail gets imprinted). By default, the script doesn't restart the Transport Service; you will need to manually restart the service by: