Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 | Signature Manager Outlook Edition
You are using one of the Exclaimer's client-side products to create signatures that are visible to Outlook users and want to disable the Outlook roaming signatures feature.
Exclaimer has released an update to the client-side agent that will automatically set the registry key to prevent Microsoft from updating the mailbox, but you can also manually disable this feature or disable it via Group Policy.
Manually disable the Outlook roaming signatures feature
To manually disable the Outlook roaming signatures feature:
- Launch the RegEdit (Registry Editor).
- Browse to:
- Right-click anywhere on the left panel, select New then select DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Enter the DWORD name as DisableRoamingSignaturesTemporaryToggle and press [Enter].
- To edit the value, you can either right-click the DisableRoamingSignaturesTemporaryToggle and select Modify or double-click DisableRoamingSignaturesTemporaryToggle.
The Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value window is displayed:
- In Value data, enter the value 1.
- Click OK to save the changes and close the window.
- Restart Outlook for the change to take effect.
Disable the Outlook roaming signatures feature via Group Policy
To disable the Outlook roaming signatures feature via Group Policy:
Log into your Domain Controller.
Open Group Policy Management:
- Right-click the domain organizational unit and select Create a GPO in this domain and Link it here....
- The New GPO window is displayed:
- In Name, enter the name of the new object as DisableOutlookRoamingSignature.
- Click OK to save the changes made, else click Cancel to close the window without creating the new object.
Right-click the new object and select Edit.
Now, from the Group Policy Management Editor, click User Configuration then click Preferences, then click Windows Settings then finally select Registry.
Right-click Registry, click New then select Registry Item, to create a new Registry.
Enter the following settings:
- Click Apply then OK to save the changes and close the window.
- Click Cancel to close the window without saving the changes.