Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
This article guides you through the process of installing the client-side, for macOS, to download your signatures to Outlook and/or Apple Mail.
The following sections are included in this article:
Installing Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent for macOS
Follow these steps to install the agent for macOS:
- Click Download for macOS to download the Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent to your Mac.
- Once the .dmg file has been successfully downloaded, run the .pkg file to install the agent.
- To run the file, double-click the .pkg file to install the Exclaimer Signature Agent.
- Click Continue to run the wizard.
- If required, click Change Install Location....to change the location where the install will be run from.
- Click Install to proceed with the installation process.
- In User Name, your Administrator username will already be filled in.
- In Password, enter your Administrator password for the Mac.
- Click Install Software to proceed, else click Cancel to abort the installation process.
- Once the software has been successfully installed the following message is displayed:
- Click Keep to keep the installer package and disk image in its current location, or
- Click Move to Trash to bin the installer.
- Now, you need to sign in to your Microsoft 365 account in order to download the signatures.
This completes the installation process for macOS.
Double-checking that the agent has been successfully installed:
Open the Activity Monitor and you will see Exclaimer Signature Agent.
Default signature downloaded in Outlook:
Once you restart Outlook, click New Email. You will notice that the default signature has been downloaded onto your new email.
Default signature downloaded in Apple Mail:
Once you restart Apple Mail, click New Message. You will notice that the default signature has been downloaded onto your new email.
Allowing Full Disk Access
To allow Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent Full Disk Access:
- Go to System Preferences then select Security & Privacy.
The Security & Privacy window is displayed, select the Privacy tab, as displayed below:
- From the left-hand side options, select Full Disk Access:
- You will need to enter the Administrator password to make changes to the security & privacy preferences.
- If the Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent is run directly then the Exclaimer Signature Agent will need Full Disk Access.
- If the Exclaimer Cloud Signature Update Agent is run from the Terminal then the Terminal will need Full Disk Access.
Exclaimer Signature Agent app not available
In the newer versions of macOS, the Exclaimer Signature Agent app might not be available on the right-hand side apps list.
The below screenshot displays the Exclaimer Signature Agent app available on the right-hand side apps list:
To add the Exclaimer Signature Agent option to the right-hand side apps list:
Click the lock to make changes (). The System Preferences window is displayed. Enter your Admin credentials to proceed.
- From the right-hand side, click + ()
- Navigate to Macintosh HD > Library > Exclaimer, select the Exclaimer Signature Agent app then click Open.
- The following message is displayed:
- Click Quit & Reopen.
- You will now see the Exclaimer Signature Agent on the right-hand side list.
- Click the lock to prevent further changes ()