Relevant Product: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for G Suite
You have configured server-side signatures and completed the required configuration steps detailed in Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for G Suite: Server Side Setup (Admin Console), but emails from some users do not have a signature applied.
To resolve this issue, you need to confirm if the policy is being applied to the sender of the email. You can do this with the Signature Rules Tester.
If the user is showing as having a signature applied in the Signature Rules Tester but the received email does not have a signature applied, this is more than likely caused by the email not being routed through Exclaimer Cloud.
Follow these steps to determine if the sender meets the conditions of the Content Compliance rule:
- Login to the G Suite Admin console as a super admin:
From the G Suite Admin console click Apps, then click G Suite, then click Gmail and then select Advanced settings.
- On the General Settings tab, scroll down to the Compliance section. Hover your mouse cursor over the Exclaimer Content compliance rule and click Edit.
- In the Edit setting window, scroll to the bottom and click Show options:
- Scroll down to option C. Envelope filter and confirm if this option is enabled as shown in the following screenshot:
- If option C. Envelope filter is enabled and a group is specified, you will need to ensure that the sender is a member of the group. Alternatively, you will need to disable the envelope filter and route all email through Exclaimer Cloud.