Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
You are using an Office 365 subscription with multi-geo capabilities enabled, you have run the connector setup wizard and now emails routed to Exclaimer Cloud are being deferred in Exchange Online.
This is caused by Azure AD returning one of the multi-geo onmicrosoft.com domains instead of the primary onmicrosoft.com domain associated with the subscription when the connector setup wizard is run, this multi-geo domain is then populated in the Domain name field on the Mail Routing settings in Exclaimer Cloud:
As our service performs an MX lookup on the domain in this field to determine which Exchange Online server to deliver the email to after processing, the messages will be deferred in Exchange Online as the multi-geo domains do not have any MX records published.
To resolve this issue you will need to ensure you update the domain name to the default onmicrosoft.com domain associated with your Office 365 subscription anytime the connector setup wizard is run by carrying out the following steps:
- Login to the Exclaimer Cloud portal https://portal.exclaimer.com
- Click on the Launch button next to the affected subscription:
- Then click on the hamburger icon in the top right hand corner of the screen and select Settings from the dropdown menu:
- In the Settings window select the Mail Flow tab and click on the Edit button under Mail Routing:
- Then update the Domain name: field to contain the default onmicrosoft.com domain for your Office 365 subscription before clicking on the Save button: