Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 | Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 | Signature Manager Exchange Edition | Signature Manager Outlook Edition | Signature Manager Office 365 Edition
You would like to add additional information to your mailto hyperlinks. As an example, you need to CC another email address and you require a subject line to be added at the same time.
Adding just a CC, BCC or Subject
- Insert your hyperlink into the signature template
- Add your "mailto:" prefix followed by the primary mailing address
- Add a "?" to end of the mailing address followed by one of these prefixes:
- cc - Includes a Carbon Copy (CC) mailing address
- bcc - includes a Blind Carbon Copy (BCC) mailing address
- subject - adds the text to the "Subject" field in the email*
- body - adds the text to the Body of the email**
- Follow these with a "=" and the address required.
* If you are using a Subject with spaces, replace the spaces with "%20" as the hyperlink is in HTML
** When using the body, ensure you are using "%20" for spaces, you can also add returns in by using "%0A"
Example mailto with CC
Adding CC & Subject
- Use the above steps to add the CC into your hyperlink
- After the "CC" add an Ampersand "&" followed by Subject=
- Insert your Subject line as required. Don't forget to include the "%20" to represent spaces
Example mailto with CC & Subject message