Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 | Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for G Suite | Signature Manager Exchange Edition | Signature Manager Outlook Edition
WARNING! From 1st April 2021 Exclaimer will no longer be renewing any Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA) for Mail Disclaimers.
Please be assured that the Exclaimer Support team will provide support until your SMA is active.
However, we recommend that you contact the Exclaimer Sales team to discuss your requirements for an upgrade to Signature Management Exchange Edition or Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Exchange.
When you send an email from Outlook to the Outlook Web App (OWA), you notice that the Exclaimer Cloud signature's formatting is removed in both the preview pane and the pop-out window.
- If the signatures are deployed from the Server-side (Office 365), then this issue occurs because the OWA adds extra code to override some styling within the signature - this can remove colours, boldness and other formatting set in the signature.
Previously, it used to be an issue within the preview pane only, however, some updates have caused this issue to occur in the pop-out window as well.
- If the signatures are not deployed from the Server-side (Office 365), then this issue occurs because of a specific style within the web client's main style sheet that overwrites the signatures styles and causes the layout and format to break down.
- If the signatures are deployed from the Server-side (Office 365), you can resolve this issue in any one of the following ways:
Rendering the signature as a bitmap image
Adding hyperlinks to the affected text
- If the signatures are not deployed from the Server-side (Office 365), then, unfortunately, there is no way to prevent this issue from occurring as it is specific to the web client’s main style sheet.
To render the signature as a bitmap image
When you render the signature as a bitmap image then the styling is retained within the signature at all times, regardless of the mail client and device.
Follow these steps to render the signature as a bitmap image:
- Click on the Signature Canvas (the outermost line before the background of the portal):
- Select Render from the left-hand side options.
- Select Bitmap in Render Mode.
- A Confirm message box is displayed. Click Yes to confirm that the signature will render as a bitmap.
To add hyperlinks to the affected text:
As you will notice, the email and website fields are of the same colour; this is because of the hyperlinks set to these fields, and this keeps the formatting intact when you view it in OWA.
Follow these steps to add hyperlinks to the affected text:
- Click on the text (or the relevant field) and a new window is displayed below. Click Add Hyperlink.
The HyperLink window is displayed.
- In Destination URL, enter the address of the website you want to point it to.
- In Tooltip, enter the description that will appear when you hover your mouse on the field.
- Click OK to save the changes and close the window, else click Cancel to close the window without saving the changes.