Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
When an email message is addressed to a distribution group (either in the 'To:' or 'CC:' fields) the message is delivered to the recipient's Junk E-mail folder instead of the Inbox. At the same time, the Return-Path header on the received message is blank and only contains anchor tags.
- If the group is synchronised to Microsoft 365 from an on-premise Active Directory, set the attribute ReportToOriginator to TRUE (in the properties of the distribution group in the on-premise Active Directory site).
These changes will not take effect until the on-premises Active Directory domain has been synchronised and replicated in Microsoft 365.
- If no on-premise Active Directory exists then amend the group properties in Microsoft 365 using Windows PowerShell.
To edit the group properties:
- Open Windows PowerShell and run the following PowerShell command to create a variable that will gather login credentials:
When you press [Enter], you will be prompted to enter your Microsoft 365 administrator credentials.
- Run the following command:
- Then, run the following command:
- If the value returned is False, run the command below to change it to True:
Where <groupname> is replaced with the name of the group you wish to change the ReportToOriginator attribute for.