Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
Both the Custom Attributes and the Additional Azure Attributes features are both useful for adding additional, non-standard user information to your signatures. Each differs in the amount of data that is available, and in usage requirements.
Custom attributes use the 15 available Custom Attribute fields that already exist within Office 365 mailboxes (under the General > More Options section - see below):
Only attributes containing data are synchronized from Office 365 to Azure AD (where Exclaimer can reach them).
- This option can be used by anyone using Office 365
- It uses the Custom Attributes fields, available within Exchange Online
- A maximum of 15 custom attributes can be used
Additional Azure AD Attributes
The Sync all AD attributes option is only available if you synchronize from a local Active Directory, using the Azure AD Connect tool.
- This option can be used if you synchronize from a local Active Directory, and using the Azure AD Connect tool.
- Attributes can be selected from the standard range of attributes in the Active Directory
- Any single value attribute fields containing data are synchronized, and available for use within Exclaimer
- Multi-value fields (such as Description) cannot be synchronized
- A maximum of 100 attributes can be synchronized
- Only attributes containing data are synchronized from Office 365 to Azure AD, where Exclaimer can reach them.