Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 | Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for G Suite
You wish to define a date/time period within which a signature will be used - for example, you might define a signature with time-limited promotional content; include a holiday message at certain times of the year, etc.
Having defined the required signature, you can apply date and time settings, as follows:
1. Hover your cursor over the required signature and choose the Set date/time trigger option:
The Set date/time trigger window is displayed with date and time options:
2. Select the Apply within Date/Time range checkbox to activate these settings.
3. In Start and End date fields, click the calendar icon and choose the required date using the calendar picker:
4. In Start and End time fields, click the clock icons to select a time from the list. Times are listed in half-hourly intervals:
If you need a more specific time, you can click in a time field and type the required type manually:
You must specify a time. If you attempt to save settings when the Date/Time range is activated but a time field is blank, you are warned that this information is required:
5. Having defined required dates and times, click OK at the bottom of the page. The signature is updated. When browsing signatures, you will see a Date/Time range applies note at the bottom of the tile:
What formatting does the date range use?
The formatting used is based on the UI Language that you have chosen.
How can I tell if a signature is active or inactive because of date restrictions?
If a signature is associated with a date/time restriction, you will see a Date/Time range applies note at the bottom of the signature tile. Currently, this does not indicate whether the signature is active - to view its status, you should access Set date/time trigger details and check the dates specified.