Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
You want to create a signature and apply it to users based on user attributes, within the Azure Active Directory. For example, you want to create a signature for all users within a given department or who are based at a certain office, and so on.
Advanced Queries allow you to be more specific about which users will have a signature applied. With this feature, you can define queries which are based on user attributes within Microsoft 365 (that is, Azure Active Directory).
This section describes the steps on:
Also, see the answers to the most common questions on Advanced Query.
Accessing the Advanced Query window
To access the Advanced Query window:
- Hover your cursor over the required signature and click the Select senders option:
- The Select senders window is displayed. As required, select the relevant tab: Include or Exclude.
In this scenario, you need to select the Include tab.
- Click the Add People/Groups button to add specific people/group within the selected tab:
The Add person/group window is displayed:
- Select the Advanced Query radio button to open the Advanced Query window:
Defining a query
To define a query, do the following in the Advanced Query window:
- In Description, enter a descriptive description for the query (once the query is complete, this description will be displayed on the signature tile).
- From the Start With drop-down, select the starting point for the query.
The different options available are:
- No-one: Select this option to start the query with No-one. This means that the query starts with no user and adds matched users.
- Everyone: Select this option to start the query with all users. This means that the query starts with everyone (all users) and removes matched users.
- Click Add Condition to add the selected options (conditions) to the query.
- The query row is added.
To define the query further, you can use the series of fields available:
- From the then drop-down, select what should happen with users who match this query.
- If you selected No-one to start with, then the default value for this is Add.
- If you selected Everyone to start with, then the default value for this is Remove.
- From the users where drop-down, select an attribute that needs to be matched:
- From the is drop-down, select how the attribute value should be queried (this means: is, contains, starts with and so on)
- In the Value box, enter the required value that needs to be matched.
- If required, click Add Condition to add more query rows.
- Click OK to confirm and close the Advanced Query window. You will be directed to the Add person/group window, where the Advanced Query field will display the query you just created.
- Click OK to confirm and close the Add person/group window. You will now be directed to the Select senders window, click OK to close the window and go to the main page.
You can now see the signature tile with the query description:
Are the conditions in the Advanced Query case sensitive?
The Value fields are not case sensitive - this means that London, LONDON or london will achieve the same results.
Can I see a list of users who match query conditions?
This feature is not available in the current version.