Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365 | Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for G Suite
Once you have created a signature, you can determine how it is deployed to your users using signature rules.
There are two options when defining signature rules:
- Server-side deployment - Signatures are applied once the message has been routed to Exclaimer Cloud. As the signature is applied once the message has been sent, you will not be able to see the signature whilst composing your email. Signatures will be applied to messages sent from any device.
- Client-side deployment - Signatures are synchronized to Office 365 (Outlook and Apple Mail) or G Suite (Gmail) where they are visible whilst composing your email.
This article explains how to define signature rules for server-side deployment. For client-side options, please click here.
Setting Exclaimer Cloud options
To set Exclaimer Cloud deployment options (so, when applicable, the signature will be applied by Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365), follow steps below:
1. Log into the Exclaimer portal (portal.exclaimer.com) and Launch your subscription. All existing signatures (and signature folders) are displayed on the Home page, in the processing sequence.
2. Hover your cursor over the signature that you wish to update and select the Signature rules option:
The Signature rules window is displayed with focus on the Server-side (Office 365) tab:
3. Ensure that the first Apply this signature to option is switched 'on' and then use remaining options to define conditions under which this signature should be applied:
|For messages sent to:|
|Everyone||Where applicable, add this signature to all messages, irrespective of whether the recipient is internal or external.|
|Internal recipients||Where applicable, add this signature only to messages sent to internal recipients.|
|External recipients||Where applicable, add this signature only to messages sent to external recipients.|
|Except where the message contains...|
|Text field||Use the text field provided to enter a word or phrase that should trigger an exception, so this signature is NOT applied. For example, you could use this option to apply a signature to only the first message in an email chain.|
|In||Choose whether the specified exception text should be matched anywhere in the entire message thread, or only in the most recent thread.|
|In which case||By default, signature processing will stop if an exception is triggered. If preferred, switch on the Add next applicable signature... option to continue signature processing subsequent signatures in the event that an exception is triggered here.|
4. Click OK to confirm changes and update the signature.