Relevant Products: Exclaimer Cloud - Signatures for Office 365
To synchronize signatures with the user's Outlook, the Cloud Signature Update Agent needs to be deployed to each user's computer.
The Cloud Signature Update Agent is a ClickOnce application. ClickOnce is a Microsoft technology which enables the Cloud Signature Update Agent to be installed quickly and easily, and to update itself with any future updates.
Downloading the Cloud Signature Update Agent
The Cloud Signature Update Agent can be downloaded using this link.
Alternatively, the Notify Users option can be used to send this download link to your users.
Once selected, a standard email message is opened in your default email client; the email contains explanatory text and the required download link. To use this option:
1. Log into the Exclaimer portal (portal.exclaimer.com) and Launch your subscription.
2. Hover your cursor over any signature and select the Signature rules option:
3. The Signature rules window is displayed with the focus on Server-side options:
4. Select the Client-side tab (at the top of the page) to access Outlook options:
5. Click the Notify Users button to open the standard email in your default email client. By default, the email message is ready to send to all current users in your Office 365 tenancy - particularly useful if you have recently subscribed and need to notify all users:
However, if required you can change required recipients and edit the email text, if you wish to send the download link to selected users only.
6. Send the email in the usual way.
What happens when I follow this link?
Having selected our download link, you are directed to a web page and an install option.
When you install the Cloud Signature Update Agent, you are asked to provide your Office 365 email address and password. The agent uses these credentials to access your user dictionary and retrieve signatures which have been deployed by Exclaimer Cloud.
Thereafter, the agent runs silently in the background. If you change your password at a later date, you may be asked to re-enter your details.
Can I install the signature update agent via GPO?
Yes you can - please click here for details.
Generally, we do not recommend this approach because any future updates to the agent would need to be handled manually.